Can anyone tell me about Plumstead Manor School for Girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dani*

Post by dani* »

I liked it as a school. It is not on our short list but that is purely because we prefer mixed schools.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

I think in our borough you have to go for one that will simply teach a decent standard of education! :roll:
dani*

Post by dani* »

And the million pound question is which one provides that.

In our Primary school parents who want their kids to do well need to invest time doing things at home, my children have not even been provided with a decent reading book between them. I feel that a lot is down to parents in primary and I'm worried that this trend will carry on in the secondary comp.

In a way it would be interesting to have a ''which comp'' topic. Next year is our turn and having looked at the different options I really couldn't tell you which one I would prefer. I doubt I will be any wiser next year.
electro

Which comp

Post by electro »

We looked at Blackfen, the pupils seemed nice enough, but some of the teachers we met did not agree with our ideas, ie a high standard of discipline & respect is important!

We & DD loved the ethos at Beaverwood and Haberdashers, we have been allocated Cleeve Park. We'll see how it goes, we would love some feedback on the school.

The poor performance of Greenwich schools is why Bexley has been flooded with their most able children taking the 11 plus, hopefully the new Gifted & Talented schools will encourage more of their pupils to stay within Greenwich, only time will tell.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Electro, have sent you pm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now