Newstead Woods

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PW Mum

Newstead Woods

Post by PW Mum »

Has anyone got anything to report. My daughter got in plus 7 others from her school, last year it was 1.
PW MUM
Whisper

Congratulations

Post by Whisper »

What primary school your DD is going to?
Lass

Post by Lass »

Mine didn't get in, but wasn't bothered as she has got her 1st choice school :D . The standard must be very high - DD got 140 and 139 in the Kent tests but was about 20 points of the cut off mark on the Newstead test!
thaiboxer

Post by thaiboxer »

Can you tell me what the cut off was this year for Newstead intake.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Glad it worked out for you lass - was it Togs your daughter went to? Her scores were high and similar to my daughters so maybe it was just a bad day, glad she wasn't 'boverred'!!!!!!
PW MUM
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Lass just seen your post re Dartford girls - doh! That was on our list but low down due to the travelling.
PW MUM
Lass

Post by Lass »

Yes PW - Dartford was always her first choice, it just felt like the right school for my DD. Plus she knew if she went there she could still go to stables after school :D (depending on homework load) so she didn't even want to view the Tonbridge schools as they are quite a long way from us. Newstead is a similar distance to us from Dartford, but I just could never picture her there and similarly my DD didn't feel it was for her.

I'm not sure if it was a "bad day" or just the fact that she didn't put 100% effort into it :roll: .

So no, she's not boverred in the slightest and I just hope her enthusiasm for her new school remains once she's actually started there!

Congrats on your DDs place at Newstead, I know someone who's DD goes there and she is full of praise for it.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

We're still so pleased we haven't quite come down to earth - it was our favourite by far, just right for our DD. Is the nearest uniform shop Croydon? I thought that the one that does St Olave's uniforms in Orpington did NW too. I'm also hoping to engineer a 'playdate' for some girls since ours is the only one who was successful at her school, and amongst her wider circle of friends. Anyone interested? :)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

crazydaisy wrote:. I'm also hoping to engineer a 'playdate' for some girls since ours is the only one who was successful at her school, and amongst her wider circle of friends. Anyone interested? :)
Definitely!!

Yes, The Orpington shop does unifirms too (not every item though). Sorry forgot about it when I e mailed you.
thaiboxer

Post by thaiboxer »

Count me in for a reckie...what is that short for and how do you spell it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now