Choristerships in St Olave's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wanting the best

Choristerships in St Olave's

Post by wanting the best »

St Olave's have advertised choristerships for boys whose 10th birthday falls between 1.09.2009 and 31.08 2010. The last day of applications is in Feb.
doodles

Post by doodles »

I don't know anything about the choristerships - not being the most musical family in the world - but DS1 did sit the St O's entry test for Sep 2010. We were very very impressed with it as a school - I would definately recommend that you go and see it. It is one of our choices.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

For those of you who may go down this route the one advantage is that assuming DS gets the scholarship you don't have the months of anxiety the rest of us have to go through as you get told if you (or rather DS) have got in.
Billie

Post by Billie »

Make sure your son is committed to it.....this is a serious chapel choir, not just for the school - if he doesn't want to spend every Sunday morning at the Savoy chapel in the Strand until his voice breaks then there is no point going for it - entry to the school is on this basis.
Also, the test is very hard- the same types of questtions as the main test. Only if he passes the academic test does he take a voice trial.
My son applied a couple of years ago - did not get in.
Looking back + as he has a summer birthday he was no way ready for it. However, as I think there are 4 places ( and when we applied about 8 or so applicants) it can be worth a go.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now