St Olave's new boys - meet up?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

frogsmum

Post by frogsmum »

I do feel a bit guilty to be in this positon whereas some of my dearest friends still have that 'look' in their eyes we all know and fear. Pretty sure Olave's have a parent get together. You will spot me on my lilypad eating flies. Look forward to meeting you and your DS.
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

:lol: :lol:
Treacle

Post by Treacle »

I'll be the sweet, sticky looking one in the corner avoiding your flies :D

My kid is so excited about starting and has a number of friends, from his current school, starting in September. Therefore, anxieties are a little less but we are up for a meet up after the induction day if you fancy and if it will make the transition a little bit friendlier for your DS.

I, too, feel for the people on waiting lists and recognise that 'look' that you speak of frogsmum. A friend of mine is going through an awful battle to get the right place for her twins who have been allocated different schools despite both having the same requests and wanting to be together!

Now, what wine shall I bring for our meet up picnic - I like to be prepared :lol:
long and winding road

Post by long and winding road »

Hi Treacle - I wish I had a more interesting forum name now! A meet up would be fun after induction. Do parents go along on induction day or just the boys? Re the wine - a dessert wine would go nicely with treacle!
Squiddly

Post by Squiddly »

The boys induction day is on 6th July (later than I had thought!). Sods law, was going to take him out of school for a cheap holiday around then. We've never done it and it will be the last time I can. Will have to rearrange, he can't miss the induction day! Massive grin on face still.. :D .

Have you read about the new head master starting in with our boys in September ? "Aydin Onac" google him. Makes interesting reading!

Is there any boys travelling from Sevenoaks?
frogsmum

Post by frogsmum »

Can't believe it - the 6th July is when my son's school have booked their week away. It means that all the children in his year will miss their inductions which is bad management to say the least! Trying to get through to St O's now to see if there is a later opportunity for him to get together with all his new classmates. What a mess!

And I was stupid enough to think the stress had been lifted for a couple of months.
SSM

Post by SSM »

frogsmum,
What borough is your DS's primary school, as I think that week is the week that most schools in Kent have their Induction week, so it's a bit silly of the primary school to book to go away that week. Unless of course it's in another LA and not many children going to Kent secondary schools.
when the process will end

Post by when the process will end »

Squiddly

Where did you get the info that the induction day is on 6th July. The info on the website is for last year.

Quite an interesting reading re the new head master. I already knew a little about him. Recently talked to a parent governor and she was all praise for the new appointment.

It is hoped that music, drama and performing arts will now get a philip at St Olaves to make it a bit more rounded.
frogsmum

Post by frogsmum »

Just spoken to the school and it is the 6th July. I have to say they were wonderful and said that although it is not ideal to miss the induction day there will be a uniform evening and a parent/children evening so he will get to meet everyone prior to September.
Squiddly

Post by Squiddly »

Hi WTPWE, Phoned school this morning (while I was in the process of booking a holiday! ).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now