Newstead wood

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

thaks for yourreponse. Orpington was my plan :?
PW MUM
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

We got the uniform today from Tripes farm. Lady there was very helpful and for new Year 7s, the 28 day return policy is waived - provided you don't take labels off etc you can return it just before they start in case they have a growth spurt.

It was lovely and quiet in there. There are two makes of blouse and the quality of the one from Tripes farm is better than the one Hewitts sells - Hewitts does the school sale.

Sets you back a bit £180!!!

That's my tip of the day.
PW MUM
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Do they sell the art smock in Tripes farm? What does one look like? The embroidery is a bit scarey - does it have to be full name or just surname, and which pieces of uniform does it go on? I know I have all this at home, but we are on hols (yes, and I'm still checking out the forum it's just so useful!!). There's no blazer, is there, but what kind of black coat should we get - or does it really not matter. The trouble is, my DD is starting to notice if any of her things are not 'cool' and I'm 'cool-blind'! Thanks for all the info! :)
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

crazydaisy wrote:I know I have all this at home
Have you had the information pack and is that what you are referring to above? I am still waiting for mine. For older DD I had get all the PE skirt, the smocks and the leotard embriodered. Don't know if that has changed. DD tells me you have to have the embroidery in white now whereas at her time it was in house colours. For older DD I had bought everything from Hewits (including the astro boots, moith guard etc). i don't know if Tripe's does the smocks. From what I remember from last time you did not need the art smock, you could use an old, long shirt. I haven't bought anything yet as i thought I would wait for the info pack to come so that I can be sure I have bought the right stuff.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Hi I have just gone for the safe stuff at the moment ie main school uniform. Art smocks - it is acceptable to have an old shirt. Not sure about embroidery - like crazy daisy want to be cool and get it right!! Big school bag apparently NW not so hot on but little one they wear to hold valuables has to be all black nothing fancy!! Keep it together mums! :D
PW MUM
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

My older DD tells me that the big bag should be black and shouldn't have a big logo or picture on it as that is frowned upon too.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

The post today included information from Newstead. Lots of forms to read and sign and send back. DD was slightly disappointed that it didn't have the class list as she wants to know her form and house and who else is in her class.
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Hi, we have dutifully filled in our forms, my hand aches after writing my address 20 times!

The envelope made a big thud on the mat when it arrived!
PW MUM
thaiboxer

Post by thaiboxer »

[Aahhh, but did you volunteer to be class co-ordinator! Who will hold the first "party".
PW Mum

Post by PW Mum »

Nooo! Did enough of that through infants and juniors, have paid my dues...for now at least but I am sure I will get roped in!
PW MUM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now