Dartford pass mark

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dani*

Dartford pass mark

Post by dani* »

Does anyone know what the pass mark for Dartford was this year? I know dafo girls will be high but I read somewhere that with 75% there would be a reasonable chance of getting Wilmington. Surely 75% can not be right?

Thanks.
Tracy

Re: Dartford pass mark

Post by Tracy »

Dani, for Dartford, from our area, you need to score as close to 420 (75% ish) as poss to stand a chance.
For Wilmington, from our area, a standard 360 pass is good enough (50% ish).
There is also a tolerance for one paper to be slightly lower than the others as long as the aggregate exceeds the overall pass mark but this score wouldn't gain access to DGGS.
ambermcs

Post by ambermcs »

Hi, this year if they got over the 120 for each paper then that was a pass, but one girl didtn get dart with a 410 score, however another friend got the following type of score 137/129 and then 112 on maths so failed as all scores needed to be over the 117 mark , however has just won appeal for wilimington hope that helps
dani*

Post by dani* »

It is amazing that there appears to be such a difference between the Dartford and Bexley pass mark. Could it be that the Dartford paper is harder and therefore one needs less marks or is this difference purely because of the pressure of grammar school places in Bexley.

We had our head teachers talk about applying for secondary schools a little while ago, not only does our school not help children prepare, we were also told that the pass mark for Bexley is very high and that we were able to register for the Dartford test.

Maybe I completely miss understood but it almost sounded as if the school was telling us to forget about Bexley altogether. Having said that I probably have the wrong end of the stick.

Nb - Any chance my post could be moved back to Bexley pretty please. - thank you.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

The difference in pass marks reflects the amount of spaces available to the amount of applicants. In a nutshell, Bexley's extremely high pass mark reflects the pressure for those few places. Children 'failing' Bexley's 11+ are not necessarily 'not suitable for grammar', roughly the next 10% are bright and would be best placed at a grammar if the places were there.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now