Academy status for Bexley Grammars

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bex mum

Re: Academy status for Bexley Grammars

Post by Bex mum »

The letter doesn't make it clear, but I assume it's for everyone. Why don't they put it on the website as well so everyone can see it?
CookieMumster

Post by CookieMumster »

I only just saw that Bexley Grammar have published on their website a new section 'Academy Status - FAQ'. So, it is going ahead, they are to become an academy. It doesn't say from what date though.

What are people's views? Good, bad or indifferent?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

We got a copy of the letter, eventually.
It makes it quite clear that the school name won't change and that the school will be free to set its own curriculum (thought the Government had a say in that).
I can't see that it will make a lot of difference to a school that's already a foundation.
Anyone else?
CookieMumster

Post by CookieMumster »

I came across old links on google about Bexley Grammar introducing International GCSEs, all from 2008, and then nothing more about this. Reading the info on the BG site there is nothing about IGCSE. Does that mean they do not actually offer it? Were they not allowed? As an academy, will they be able to?
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

My dd was targeted for this in Geography but she chose to take another option, it is available. There is talk about the IGCSE in all sciences too. Haven't heard anything for definite.
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Just to say I had a parentmail letter from Beths yesterday to confirm that as of 1 October they will have Academy Status but there will be no change in name etc..
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I believe Bexley Grammar and Erith School are also pressing ahead with plans to become academies within the next few months.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now