Any one with dc's at Bexleyheath School?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tracy

Re: Any one with dc's at Bexleyheath School?

Post by Tracy »

I wouldn't say they take a lot of non-catholics, it really depends on a year by year basis. For 2010 admission they took 40 non-catholics BUT the vast majority of these are from C/E and weekly church attendance would normally be required.
dani*

Post by dani* »

DD will be taking the test in the next few weeks. I regret that I didn't start going to a catholic Church a few years ago.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Tracy wrote:I wouldn't say they take a lot of non-catholics, it really depends on a year by year basis. For 2010 admission they took 40 non-catholics BUT the vast majority of these are from C/E and weekly church attendance would normally be required.
I agree with Tracy. The few non-catholics we know at St Cath's are very committed weekly attenders at other Christian faith churches.
VI DD

Post by VI DD »

Guess there must have been a lot of lucky girls in my DD's year then :wink:
Personally if it was me, I would take a look at all school's that interest us even if chances are slim and then if DC and I like it, I would go for it rather than put down a school that I didn't like and risk my DC ending up there :roll:
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

VI DD, I agree with you, if you like a school, put it on your form cos you ain't gonna get it otherwise! As long as there is a school that you do qualify for further down your list as a fall back, you can't lose.

I think with the St Cath's intake this year, more places became available to non-Catholics as St Paul's Academy was able to increase its intake so some girls would have opted for that choice instead.
VI DD

Post by VI DD »

I'm glad it's my last time going thru sec transfer :D
We are all sorted, I think, 4 lists have been drafted with just a slight decision to make on the options that involve pass one selection test but not the other: wish we got 6 choices like LBB cos that would sort it but KCC part of Bexley only get 4. Crazy that kiddies a few doors away get more choices :? Just hope she isn't a borderline fail! Hmm may make another 2 lists to allow for appeal in both areas :roll: BUT have to say this system is so much better than the roulette system I faced with my older DC's...
Just wish I had a smaller age gap so that I would still have sibling priority at the GS, naming siblings who have previously attended a school disappeared when CAF was born :cry:
dani*

Post by dani* »

I wish I could think of 6 schools to put on my list, because no matter how hard we try I can not think of any non-selective suitable schools in Bexley we would qualify for. :cry:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now