working out on test paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

jaia

working out on test paper

Post by jaia »

Does anyone know if the children taking the Bexley test are told they can't write on the question paper? I have heard that in some schools they can and some they can't. My child is taking the Bexley test as an OCC. Many thanks
Bexley Mum 2

Re: working out on test paper

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Jaia - I posted a thread about this last year which you might be able to find. Last year I asked Admissions this question and was told that children were not allowed to write on the question paper. If they needed to mark the alphabet for VR questions, they would have to write the alphabet out on a separate piece of paper. This was because question papers used to be reused. They aren't these days, but they haven't got round to changing the rules for administering the tests :shock:

If I were you I would give them a ring and check if they've changed things for this year.

Just to confuse things, I believe in Kent you can write on the question papers?
CookieMumster

Post by CookieMumster »

I have told my son that unless it says on the front of the booklet that writing is not allowed, to ignore what the invigilators say.
jaia

Post by jaia »

Thank you both. I rang Bexley but the lady said she didn't know the answer to that and they would be told tomorrow what to do. It is much easier if you can write on the paper so I hope they are not stopped from doing so. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. I hope we can all enjoy a fabulous 11 plus free weekend!!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now