Newstead Sample papers - a question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ang's mom

Newstead Sample papers - a question

Post by Ang's mom »

Hi everyone,

Has any of you got the sample papers from Newstead this year ? Is it the same set of questions, like last year , albeit with a different cover?

A mother from my DD's school was saying that the papers are different and that every year they publish a new set of questions. Is this true ?

Can anyone shed some light on this , please?

Thanks.
bromley mum

Re: Newstead Sample papers - a question

Post by bromley mum »

Ang's mom wrote: every year they publish a new set of questions. Is this true ?

Thanks.
I don't think they do.
Ang's mom

Post by Ang's mom »

Thanks bromley mum :) ..This is what I had supposed too.

But this mother was quite adamant that when her elder daughter did the Newstead test a couple of years back (2009 September entry) , she had a different set of questions . This was in comparison with the set that was on sale this year, on Open Day.

I don't have either of these sets. I didnt get a new one this year as I had already bought a sample set at last year's Open Day. At a glance, they looked same to me but I didnt have the actual Q's in hand, to make a full comparison.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

I know for a fact that they changed the papers a couple of years ago. Not the questions themselves but how they were printed. So, although the questions were same they were drawn better, if you see what I mean. So, I suppose the new papers would look different but in actual fact they were the same.
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Ang's Mum,

If you want this year's papers to compare, you can pm me. I may be able to scan them to you (if its not against copy right) or even post them as we have decided my dd will not be taking the newstead tests
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now