Post has come - My DD passed!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bromley mum

Re: Post has come - My DD passed!!!

Post by bromley mum »

Congratulations to all who passed. Bessedmum, you are so thoughtful. If only everyone was like you the world would be a better place. To all those who did not get the result they wanted just remember that with your support DC will succeed which ever school you eventually decide upon.
zink

Post by zink »

Congratulations to all those that passed. It was our turn last Friday in the Medway Towns. We know exactly how you feel. It's like the only important news in the world for that day.

Commiserations for those unsuccessful. Life does go on, in a couple of weeks time I'm sure it will all come into perspective that 11+ results aren't everything.
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

Congratulations and well done to all who have had the good news :D - wish I new what was coming our way! No post as yet and its gone 1.30 now. No sign of any post at all. Bexley confirmed they had our correct address (unlike two years ago!) so I must assume my postman has decided to not bother coming today!? :( Does anybody else get post after 2pm or is it just our post office that's got so bad?
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

CatSmile wrote:( Does anybody else get post after 2pm or is it just our post office that's got so bad?
A friend of mine complained that she does not get her post till late afternoon sometimes, just before she picks her kids from sch. She went to the post office ystday to ask if she can come and pick up her post herself today and they said they were aware of the 11+ plus results and will be delivering them today.

You can also get the result from ur dc's school as they were allowed to give the information to parents from 5pm yesterday (was told by another mum).

fingers crossed for you. :) :)
mms1

Post by mms1 »

Congrats to everyone who got their desired result!

We got ours today as well and DD was in the 'top 180' !!
CatSmile

Post by CatSmile »

thanks blessedmum! I'll ask at the office when I get my DD from school as we won't be home til after 5pm today because DS a guitar lesson ! Hope the school will tell us as a couple of years ago when DS's results got 'lost in the post' they refused to say!
Skyjulieblue

Post by Skyjulieblue »

Hello. My daughter asked me to wait until she returned from school, so that we could view the results together. She is among the top 180 scorers. We are so pleased. Does this mean that she will definitely get a place at her selected grammar school in Bexley? We live in Petts Wood. :D
Bexley_Dad

Post by Bexley_Dad »

Congrats to everyone who passed and commiserations to those that didn't get the result they were hoping for.

We've just got my daughters results and she passed, with a score of 221 (118 in Maths and 103 in Verbal, although VR is her strength so not sure what happened there). My question is do the grammar schools look at scores when they allocate places and how much of a guarantee a place at a GS is if you get a pass?)

Thanks,
Rob
myyogen

Post by myyogen »

congrats to all who passed.

My child also got 220 (109 math, 111 vr) what is the chance of getting grammar school admission.

thanks

Yogen
CookieMumster

Post by CookieMumster »

Congratulations to all parents and DCs who passed and sorry to those who didn't get the news they hoped.

DS passed with 272 (140 Maths, 132 VR) and is in top 180. DS needed top 180 because we are in Lewisham (but I hadn't told him that), so we are very happy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now