Beths Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
inspired2win

Beths Grammar school

Post by inspired2win »

Does anyone have a DS that attends the above school?

Info about the school, extra curriculum activities, general feel about the school would be much appreciated.

Thanks
webby

Re: Beths Grammar school

Post by webby »

hello, my ds started at beths in september and is so happy there. i was worried about him going to secondary school as he is such a quiet and sensitive boy. however it is the best thing that has ever happened to him. he has grown in confidence, and has told me he did not know school could be such fun! all the other children seen lovely, the teachers are nice, many with a good sense of humour. lots of dinner and after school clubs. probably far too many to mention, but here are a few - running, football, rugby, music, film club, fencing, cricket and many many more. beths is strict, but fair and maybe a little too much homework. the most important bit is that my ds is happy, and getting a good education. all the best with your decision in choosing a school, we had a difficult choice deciding between dartford, c and s and beths, and i do think they all offer so much and you wouldnt go wrong which ever one you choose, but i feel i have choosen the best for my ds!!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Would agree with everything Webby says. Beths is a quite strict, but very caring school. They have very high expectations of their boys and behaviour at the school is very good. Though I wouldn't agree about too much homework in year 7!

I fell in love with the school when we visited with my eldest son and I have been extremely happy with it.
inspired2win

Post by inspired2win »

Information apprecaited.

Does anyone know how far Beths Grammar school goes out to take students?

Thanks
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

The brochure says 5.3 miles up to June 2010 - I presume it may have gone a little further by the start of the school year.