Open day trawls - Haberdashers Aske

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

starmum2000

Open day trawls - Haberdashers Aske

Post by starmum2000 »

Just returned from our first full open evening at HDA Crayford Academy. I liked it, it seems like a good school. The boys showing us round & doing demonstrations were polite & helpful & seemed to enjoy their school.
My only concern is now that I have seen a comprehensive I really feel grammar school would be the right place for DS :? .
They teach in mixed ability groups in year 7, and in the Maths room they had lovely displays of level descriptors & examples on the wall from Level 3 to Level 6. DS is working at level 6 now, what would be the point in participating in a class with such mixed ability & seemingly 'capped'?
We also saw a list of some of the books recommended & studied in year 7 (literacy) - DS has read many of them.
I know these are probably petty points, and I thoroughly love the tecnological & engineering focus, and of course, the school is state of the art.
I think I will be looking at other schools that stream or set from year 7 if we end up with a comprehensive. Got my fingers crossed for results day!!!
On another note, 2 hours of looking round & being talked at is EXHAUSTING! I'm not sure how many open days I can cope with :(
Anybody else looked at HD yet? Any thoughts?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now