Results!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bondgirl

Re: RESULTS!!!!

Post by bondgirl »

Hi nicemum

Check the Bexley Admissions booklet. I'm pretty sure C&S went out about 6 miles last year and all who applied got in the year before. Sounds promising to me! Good luck :)
martin76

Post by martin76 »

if you are not in top180 (missed by 7 points ) how does it work for C&S or Bexley or Beths ? will they then choose the best ones from the list or it would not count (218 or 250 doesn’t matter then) and just the distance for those who are selective ? does the borough matter or just difference (some from bexley live 5ml away, and some in bromley or Greenwich live just 2ml away......
thanks
dani*

Post by dani* »

Nice Mum,

Would not get stressed about the distance. If the distance you are quoting is indeed "by road/rail" and not as the crow flies you will be absolutely fine. My DD started at Chis and Sid last September and a lot of her new friends come from a lot further away and they did not get top 180 and are OOB too!
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

martin76 and nicemum,

I am not sure if they go by the marks or distance but all the out of borough people that passed last year got a place in Chis and Sid or Townley. The schools seem to go out as far as 7 to 8miles. There will be people that passed that will not take up their offers (my dd was one last year and i know a few others)
As long as youre within the 3 to 4miles at least, i believe you stand a very good chance.
dani*

Post by dani* »

I agree with BlessedMum,

However do bear in mind that the catchment for Bexley GS is a lot smaller. Not sure how far Beths goes out but one of the children who went to DD's primary and lives in Eltham was offered a place. I think that if you are happy with Townley or Chis and Sid you can be a reasonable distance away. BTW if you put C&S or Townley second and don't get your first choice the schools will not be made aware that you are not their first choice.

If you are not in the top 180 then it does by distance, it doesn't matter if you missed the top 180 with 1 mark or only just passed.

Good luck to all of you. Hope you enjoy the open days.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

martin76 wrote:if you are not in top180 (missed by 7 points ) how does it work for C&S or Bexley or Beths ? will they then choose the best ones from the list or it would not count (218 or 250 doesn’t matter then) and just the distance for those who are selective ? does the borough matter or just difference (some from bexley live 5ml away, and some in bromley or Greenwich live just 2ml away......
thanks
if you are not in top180 (missed by 7 points ) how does it work for C&S or Bexley or Beths ? will they then choose the best ones from the list or it would not count (218 or 250 doesn’t matter then) and just the distance for those who are selective ? does the borough matter or just difference (some from bexley live 5ml away, and some in bromley or Greenwich live just 2ml away......
thanks
Hi Martin76

The borough is irrelevant. You are right to think it doesn't matter if the score is 218 or 250 - all "deemed selective" candidates are treated the same and it comes down to distance. Hope this helps and good luck!
martin76

Post by martin76 »

thanks Dani and Bondgirl,

Bexley council info from last year re distance(walking distance) : beths 5.8ml; bexley 3.8ml, c&s 6.2ml,townley no distance at all,
but does it mean that those ml was for top 180 (then it could have been 20ml or so) or that information re distance they giving for kids who where out of 180?
dani*

Post by dani* »

Martin76,

My understanding is that if you live within the catchment area, i/e somewhere in the radius as published over the last 5 years as published in the admissions booklet in will come down to distance. Catchments areas may vary slightly but over the last few years they have been fairly consistent.

I/e if you live in Greenwich and are 5 miles away you will get preference over someone who lives 10 miles away in Bexley.

However if you live outside the catchment area, as stated over the last few years for ex. 15 miles away you will need top 180.
Remember distance is over the road not as the crow flies so 15 miles is not that far.

I believe that the reason the top 180 was introduced was to give children who live in the North of Bexley, where there are no GS a chance to get in to GS.

Does this make sense?
countingtoten

Post by countingtoten »

The wait was worth it - DS passed top 180. Very proud of him, very relieved and extremely tired ... Congratulations to all the DC ....off to lie down in darkened room ...
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

I'm so happy I could fly!!! DD was a top 180 scorer. I'm so happy, relieved, emotional and just overwhelmed! DD's score was amazing and I'm so, so proud of her achievement. :D :D :D

Well done to all the successful DC - I'm so pleased for you. We will probably rub shoulders at open days next week. :wink:

Some of DD's best friends who are were expected to do well, didn't get through, so our happiness is tinged with sadness for them. :( DD has been told that she must be very modest and considerate tomorrow.

We're off to celebrate now!
8)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now