10+(for year 4) Mock Test???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fred

10+(for year 4) Mock Test???

Post by fred »

I recently got my kids to seat a 10+ Mock test, and I was a good experience for them. We had to travel to Sutton for the test.This test is held about 4 times in the year with increasing level of difficulty as the year progresses. Hopefully you should he able to map out their progress.

I would appreciate it if anyone knows of something similar in the Bexley area.
fatbananas

Re: 10+(for year 4) Mock Test???

Post by fatbananas »

Hi Fred,

I've wondered about this. We may sit our DS for the 10+ exam but are nervous that it will be too much pressure too soon. How much work did your DC do prior to taking the test? How did your children react to it? I guess I'm just wondering how to handle it all?!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
fred

Post by fred »

Hi Fatbananas,

I do not think it puts any pressure on the child, the pressure normally comes form the parents and our expectations.
I have got twin girls so maybe they were less apprehensive having each other on the day, but we sat next to another family and their child was playing games before the test and seem quite at ease.

I try to seat with the girls for at least an hour a day, I do have to push them a bit, but I also can tell when they are tired from a long day at school, in which case we would just do a short quiz.

For the mock test the website had a sample paper which we practiced with. I then reproduced the paper and changed it a bit, added more questions in areas that they were weak on.

As I said hopefully I can use this a bench mark and aim to improve gradually from there.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

fatbananas wrote:Hi Fred,

I've wondered about this. We may sit our DS for the 10+ exam but are nervous that it will be too much pressure too soon. How much work did your DC do prior to taking the test? How did your children react to it? I guess I'm just wondering how to handle it all?!
Hi Fred,
What subjects did the test cover as Bexley only does Maths and VR and sutton does Maths, English, VR, NVR. It depends on the Grammar in Sutton
Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now