Newstead Woods selection test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pixiedust101

Newstead Woods selection test

Post by pixiedust101 »

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the dreaded nets are tested in the NW NVR test?

My DD seems to breeze though the other types but these really stump her!

Me - I'm totally useless at all types!!!!
:D
SqMandes

Re: Newstead Woods selection test

Post by SqMandes »

I don't think they were this year as my DD said that she can't remember doing them in the 2011 test. Although that doesn't mean that they won't be in the 2012 test so it's best to practice them just in case.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

They weren't in the 2010 test either. Neither were "odd one out" questions which were my DD's nemesis! :D
pixiedust101

Post by pixiedust101 »

Thanks guys!

How did your DDs get on in the test? Did they get in, and if so, are you happy with the school?
Last edited by pixiedust101 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

HI Pixiedust

No, my DD didn't get in (her Headteacher had said he was 90% certain she would get in but there you go :roll: ). She thought the tests were easy but clearly they weren't! We were disappointed at the time but she's doing fantastically well at her school and is very happy.

Good luck to your DD. Will she be doing Bexley and Kent too? My DS is sitting St Olave's, Bexley and Kent in September. Here we go again.........

x
pixiedust101

Post by pixiedust101 »

Edited
Last edited by pixiedust101 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SqMandes

Post by SqMandes »

Newstead wasn't our favourite as it isn't co-ed- we wanted Chis and Sid but got Townley - which is a tricky journey for us. We took the Newstead test anyway and she missed out by four marks. She's level 5A for reading and 5B for maths and writing, although NVR and VR are her strengths so we went for Newstead to increase our chances of a good school. We got a very nice letter saying that competition was high this year and that she was 30th on the waiting list. We dont' stand a chance of getting in to Newstead as I doubt that 30 girls will turn it down but we're quite confident we will eventually get Chis and Sid as most children in our area (OOB) get in there from the waiting list.

Good luck for September. I have to say that out of all the tests she took (Kent, Bexley, Newstead and one private) Newstead was the nicest test environment and the school really made her feel at home. The Newstead girls accompany them in small groups from the school gate and take them into small classrooms and it all seemed very well organised.