Wickham Court School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Torty

Wickham Court School

Post by Torty »

Have been looking at Wickham Court School in West Wickham. Lovely school and the staff appear enthusiastic and committed to providing a positive and enriching experience for the children. Does anyone have experience of this school?
lefol

Re: Wickham Court School

Post by lefol »

Hello

Wickham Court is an independent school so you should probably post this in the independent section for a better response. I looked into this school but did not apply for my ds as I felt the GCSE results could have been better for an indie school. I would suggest that you look into Bishop Challoner Bromley, which is pretty close as the results are better, excellent pastoral care and fab staff and the fees are quite slow. My ds was offered a place there but we decided to go for another school instead as ds chose that one.
Torty

Post by Torty »

Thank you ....

Wickham Court School has an Open Day/Morning on Thursday 9 June and Wednesday 22 June 2011. I heard they have more children who have started/ and starting in both Junior and Senior Departments and we plan to visit the Senior Department :D
Torty

Post by Torty »

Following our visit to their Open Day and a taster day ... we signed up for the primary department at Wickham Court for my DD. :D It looks great, the atmosphere good and the feedback from the parents and pupils of the achievement etc is wonderful. It appears this school is worth looking at and I will keep you posted on our experince. :D
Torty

Post by Torty »

Congratulations to all the children in Year 6 who took Grammar school entrance exams. Over 10 children in Year 6 sat Grammar school exams, all passed and all have been offered places. There are only 15 children in the Year 6, so this is a great result. Well done ... :D

Many also passed independent entrance exams with offers of places in local independent schools, and some gained scholarships.

For anyone considering a primary school in the area, the success in Year 6 says a great deal. :D
lefol

Post by lefol »

That's very good , considering they take all abilities . Do let us know when the fair is again nearer to the time and we visit .
Torty

Post by Torty »

lefol wrote:That's very good , considering they take all abilities . Do let us know when the fair is again nearer to the time and we visit .
It was a terrific result and the parents are so pleased :D

Their Nursery and Primary School certainly achieve great results and this school is worth considering. The fees are so reasonable working out at under £500 a month for Reception - Year 3 and £500 a month for Year 4 - Year 6. We have been very impressed and delighted with our DD progress.

Will let you know when the fair is. :D
Torty

Wickham Court School Summer Fair - Sunday 1st July

Post by Torty »

Someone on here asked when the summer fair would be ... Wickham Court summer fair ... Sunday 1st July from 12.00-3pm

Watch displays with Stephaneez School of Dance, Judo and Eagle Heights and see a flypass from the Air Ambulance and more ... many outside stalls from homemade chocolate to name plaques for bedrooms and great raffles and prizes to be won. Hold a bird of prey and much more.

This year it has an international theme with exotic food as well as BBQ and Pimms and more.

Gates open from 12.00 - 3pm. £1 adult and children free.
Torty

Post by Torty »

For anyone who did not get along to their summer fair it was terrific :D and the website shows stunning photography from the Eagle Heights Bird of Prey display http://www.wickhamcourt.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... and more :D

This week our DD left the primary school and we felt so sad to be leaving. :(

DD passed the 11+ and thoroughly enjoyed her time there and I cannot fault the primary school. For anyone considering a tutor or a private school ... please go and take a look at their primary school as the success in Yr 6 is amazing and worth every penny. :D

"Thank you Wickham Court and all the teachers for helping DD get where she is today and for helping her pass the 11+ and have more options in her life. Will miss you." :D .
Torty

Post by Torty »

Wickham Court School have a family picnic (weather permitting) on Sunday 9th September from 12.00-3pm. :D

Take your picnic and enjoy the garden and grounds.

Entertainment planned.

Entry £1 per family.