Results day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tixylixy

Re: Results day!

Post by Tixylixy »

Congratulations and best wishes to all the chidleren who sat the Bexley exams and to their parents who also had to endure the pressues.

I'm delighted with my son's result. He scored 224 and is therefore deemed selective and when one considers how many children sat the exams, I think all children who were deemed selective have done very well indeed.

Finally, the wait is over and at leaat this year, parents can complete and submit their CAF with the knowledg7qe of their children's selective results without having to do so blindly as in previous years.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

theonly1 wrote:Thanks Bromleymum for the info. Anyone knows the lowest score taken in a Bexley GS over the last 2 years for OOB and for which schools?
Hi theonly1

It doesn't matter if DC's score is 217 or 251. If they are deemed selective, and not in the top 180, it comes down to distance. The Bexley Secondary Schools booklet (on the Bexley website) shows how far the 4 GS's have gone out over the last few years.

Hope this helps.
bexleymum1

Post by bexleymum1 »

I have been reading the posts on here for over two years. Thanks so much to all the regular 'posters' you have provided me with support and a source of general parenting information. My DS passed two years ago, piling on the pressure for poor DD who burst into tears when she found out he had passed. Her results came today and she is a top 180 scorer! :D

I might post more now to offer others the same support the site has given me.
Joules

Post by Joules »

Congratulations everyone!
Our son deemed Selective but not top 180, score 243. We're so relieved :)
Does anyone know the selection criteria for Bexley GS?
We leave in Bexleyheath, about 1.8 miles from the school (walking route).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Selection is:

1) looked after
2) 180's
3) Medical
4) Siblings
5) distance

http://www.bexleygs.co.uk/userfiles/fil ... 0to%202013(1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).pdf

so now we need someone to tell us how far out the distance has gone is previous years...
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bexley GS went out 3.9 miles last year so you are well within catchment :D The Bexley booklet (link above) gives all the distances over recent years on page 17.
lefol

Post by lefol »

Joules ,

Well done to your DS. A score of 243 and you live within the borough and about 2 miles from BGS ... I would have thought that should be a pretty safe bet of getting in!! I have seen others that live further away get into Bexley grammar schools.
Joules

Post by Joules »

Phew, sounds good, thanks a lot everyone!
That puts my mind to ease completely!
Can't wait to tell him! He's in for a nice treat :)
Are you giving presents to your DC to reward them for the success?
kandis

Post by kandis »

Congratulations to every child who put the effort in and certainly made a lot of progress during the process. There is no such failure as long as we try. Kids must be reminded of that.

Hat off to those deemed selective. Always keep trying hard!

My DD scored 261 and is one of the Top 180. We are over the moon since we are OOB and wouldn't have had a chance to get into a GS otherwise.

Thanks be to God.
Joules

Post by Joules »

Kandis well done! Your DS had a great score! You must be so relieved you don't have to worry anymore :)
Lots of clever children this year!
Our son has been recently diagnosed with Asperger/High Functioning Autism so considering how difficult it is for him to stay focused I am so very proud of him :)
Did you guys see that none of the appeals for grammar schools in the last 3 years were successful? According to the booklet posted by bondgirl....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now