DS Score guidance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

arunmds

DS Score guidance

Post by arunmds »

Dear Parents
I will be grateful if you could guide me.
My DS has got 233 and has been deemed selective, but has not got in the top 180.
We dont live in the borough. What is the likely rank of his ? Does he have a chance in any one of the three schools (as Townley is only for Girls) ? Please advise.
bondgirl

Re: DS Score guidance

Post by bondgirl »

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi

It comes down to distance now - the Bexley booklet (link above) explains it all and the distances that the various schools have gone out to in previous years (page 17). Please note though, the distance is measured by walking not as the crow flies. Whereabouts are you?

Well done to your DS, by the way :D
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi arunmds,
Just to clarify distance - please check Bexley booklet. It depends on the school as to which distance they use. I am not sure when this changed, but it wasn't like this two years ago. However, some schools are based on walking route to school, whilst others are now as the crow flies. For instance, Chis and Sid is walking, but Beths is as the crow flies!

You need to check booklet - as suggested by bondgirl. See page 16.

Many congrats to you and your DS.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

Chis and Sid reach out furthest (I think last year was 6.1 miles)

Also you may not get round first batch but get accepted in the 2nd batch eg (april)

It is also not uncommon to get accepted whilst starting the first day of another school

Shahinoor
arunmds

Post by arunmds »

Thank you Bondgirl, Bromleymum1,shahinoor. I really appreciate your help in this regard.
Mama H

Post by Mama H »

Hello,

There is room for movement further on. We are out of borough applicants. My son got 280 for Bexley and we have just received a "likely offer" for St Olave's which is our first choice, so we will be freeing up a Bexley space.

Well Done!
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi Mama H

Wow!

Many congratulations to you and your son.
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Mama H wrote:Hello,

There is room for movement further on. We are out of borough applicants. My son got 280 for Bexley and we have just received a "likely offer" for St Olave's which is our first choice, so we will be freeing up a Bexley space.

Well Done!
Great, well done and many congratulations
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now