selection

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

easts

selection

Post by easts »

MY DS SON GOT 250 FOR BEXLEY. HE IS OOC . WILL HE STAND A CHANCE TO GET INTO BETHS?
:?
THANK YOU.
hermanmunster

Re: SELECTION

Post by hermanmunster »

Here are the oversubscription criteria for Beths Grammar:
Over-subscription
Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which students to admit:
1. Applicants who are or have been looked after children.
2. Those boys identified by the Local Authority as achieving one of the highest 180 scores in the selection tests.
3. For boys with a sibling currently attending Beths Grammar School at the time of enrolment. A sibling includes full, half, adopted and step brother or sister living at the same address.
4. On the basis of proximity to the school measured by reference to the shortest radial distance (direct line distance between the applicant’s home address to Beths Grammar School’s east entrance in Hartford Road). In cases where parents live at different addresses, the home address is that at which the child resides for the majority of the week.
depends which category you fall into and how near the school you are
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

what is your distance easts?

Use google map (I believe bexley council uses a shorter version - so google maps is good starting point)
Tixylixy

Post by Tixylixy »

My son scored 224 in the Bexley exam but we live out of Borough. Would our position be improved if we moved closer to Bexley. At present we are approximately 20 miles away?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Tixylixy wrote:My son scored 224 in the Bexley exam but we live out of Borough. Would our position be improved if we moved closer to Bexley. At present we are approximately 20 miles away?

Thanks
Only if you really move (not just rent) and can manage to do it by the cut of date (probably 17 days?? :wink: ) - though am sure people in bexley would know how near you have to be and by when..
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

Tixylixy wrote:My son scored 224 in the Bexley exam but we live out of Borough. Would our position be improved if we moved closer to Bexley. At present we are approximately 20 miles away?

Thanks
You might not likely get a place unless you move. It is important you do by 1st week in December. I cannot remember the exact date but the council normally advise to move before certain date in December with proof of Council tax been closed and new one in Bexley. You need to move fast. You can rent before buying. Make sure you name a Grammar school in Bexley in your caf form. That should be your number one, then you can start the process of moving even if you cannot do it in December, you stand the chance after March.
Tixylixy

Post by Tixylixy »

Thanks for the responses.