Would it be too personal to ask what you did not like about all girls, as I went all girls comp school and felt no ill effects. In fact I barely recall the fact it was all girls, just school.
Hi Juancurt and Strangemum, have you made any more headway? I have emailed Bexley and they have replied the same day, very impressed...
1. Would it be possible to obtain the percentage of girls only in year 11 gaining 5 gcse passes A* - B and the average GCSE points score per girl. I am asking because I want to make a fair comparison with Townley Grammar, as I am thinking about the widespread belief that girls perform better in girls only schools.97% gained 5 GCSE passes at A*-B. Average point score per girl of 518 (416 capped best .
Average point score per entry for girls is 50.
2. Do the pupils study music as part of the curriculum or only as after school clubs and paid for individual lessons?Yes, pupils study music for one period per week in Year 7 to 9 and then have it as an option at GCSE. Both Music and Music Technology are currently offered at A level.
3. What time and days is homework club held?Monday to Thursday after school from 3.05 – 4.30 pm. The library is also available (breakfast club) before school from 7.45 until registration at 8.30 am.
4. Can you tell me what sort and amount of P.E. is covered within the curriculum and does it include dance?• Innovative use of multi-skills in the first half term in year 7 and 8 to develop agility, balance and coordination.
• A full range of over 30 other sports and activities during the KS3 curriculum including: rugby, cricket, netball, football, badminton, tennis, basketball, dance, outdoor and adventurous activities, fitness training and gymnastics.
• Extra-curricular clubs and fixtures in a wide range of activities before and after school.
• KS4 curriculum includes GCSE PE and Level 1 qualifications in sports leadership.
• AS/A2 Physical Education and IB Sports and Exercise Health Sciences during KS5.
These are my questions and the replies are in red. I think the gymnastics and dance at Townley may be more freely available which are my DD's interests. Townley also study music as part of the curriculum. Also Townley average GCSE points score per pupil is 541.99 against Bexley's 518.
Townley also replied quickly.....
Thank you for your email requesting information to help in your decision making:
I cannot give you any statistics for girl's acedmic acievements in other schools; however, you can research single sex education on the web.
Homework club is available everyday in the Library from 3.35 - 5pm (supervised).
All girls in Y7 have 3 Pe lessons (week 1) and 2 lessons (week 2) consisting of:
1 games, 1 creative (i.e. gymnastics), 1 fitness - (week 1) & 1 games, 1 creative (week 2) when the girls move into Y8 fitness is replace by 'Young Leaders'.
All our current lunchtime and after school clubs are shown on our website. (I have looked at this and there is a wide range.)
Is there anyone out there who has DDs at Townley or Bexley who could help us with their experience.