Which school should we choose?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

crashtestdummy

Which school should we choose?

Post by crashtestdummy »

Have looked around Bexley and Chis and Sid Grammar schools with DS. He had his heart set on Chis and Sid even before we went. I loved Bexley but DS adamant he wants Chis and Sid. He is a quiet boy and not especially sporty and I did think Bexley would suit him better but he argues that he can walk to Chis and Sid as opposed to bussing it to Bexley. They are both great schools. Who should decide?
lefol

Re: Which school should we choose?

Post by lefol »

Let DS decide.. The boys do rugby at Chis and Sid, but its mixed ability and not all boys take part. Great schools..but Chis and Sid for me and its walking distance for your ds...hurry complete the CAF form! :lol:
Bexley_Dad

Post by Bexley_Dad »

Hi,

My daughter has just started year 8 at C&S and she loves it - she is not sporty at all but it is good to see her try different sports. The school seems inclusive in this manner - indeed the sports awards where most kids get a certificate is pretty inspiring. So I wouldn't worry about shy/non-sporty.

My DS has passed Bexley tests and could potentially go for DGS after passing the Kent tests, but after looking at Beths (we live between Beths and C&S) we are pretty certain to stick with C&S as we are so happy with it. He is very sporty but a bit shy so we think the co-ed will help.

Don't know if that helps at all!
crashtestdummy

Post by crashtestdummy »

Thanks very much for the sound advice. A great help to a stressed dad.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now