Judd or Dartford Grammar from Bromley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bondgirl

Re: Judd or Dartford Grammar from Bromley

Post by bondgirl »

Hi cazbar :D

I'll check with school re the CAF - I think our school like the CAFs handed in as well, even if we apply online.

I agree with your comments re C&S. My DD's comp gets better A level results than C&S (and Townley) which is why she's there (she passed Bexley 2 years ago but we chose the comp instead). Unfortunately it's a girls' school so DS can't go there - much as he might like to! :lol: We're still going to see C&S though because I want him to be sure that Judd is the school for him (and he can't blame me!)

Do you know what time they start at Judd in the mornings - couldn't find it on the website?

PS. And we'll see you on the 9.30 tour :D
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

I will double check with my sons but I think its registration at 8.40am but the "bell' goes at 8.35.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thanks Twinkle. I didn't realise your sons were at Judd. How have they (and you) found it?
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Very pleased with Judd. Its worked out very well so far. Feel free to Pm me if you have any specific questions.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Thanks Twinkle. Will PM if anything springs to mind. I think our minds are pretty much made up and I'm hoping the tour on Thursday and the visits to the other schools will just confirm our thinking.
tensemum

Post by tensemum »

Thanks Cazbar, Bondgirl and Twinkle for the info. Hv to wait till Thurs to make a decision but all this info is helping. The lady I spoke to at school asked me to warn my DS that there wont be any fun experiments in the labs and hence it might be boring. She said its a regular school working day.

Hope it will impress my son anyway. :?:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Looking forward to our visits tomorrow. We went to C&S on Monday night and DS has definitely relegated it to third place.
tensemum wrote:The lady I spoke to at school asked me to warn my DS that there wont be any fun experiments in the labs and hence it might be boring. She said its a regular school working day.
I'm glad about that - getting a bit tired of all the "fun" experiments that are put on for show. Hope we get a good feel for the real school tomorrow.

Is anyone else going to DGS as well?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Went to Judd this morning - loved it. Went to DGS this evening - loved it even more and think it will suit DS better. He just felt more at home there and it's him who's got to go there for the next 5/7 years.

Decision made. CAF submitted. And relax...... :D

What has everyone else decided?
cazbar

Post by cazbar »

Well done, now you can all relax.

Still all up in the air here :(

I don't think the emphasis on languages is really my DS thing so not sure on DGS now we've seen it. DS loves his maths so Judd would suit him better.

The journey to Judd doesn't bother me (45 mins door to door) but I am concerned about friendships and how that may work with them all spread out.

I completely forgot to ask about homework at Judd too :shock: Anyone know on average how much a year 7/8 gets per day?

Tensemum how did you get on?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I hadn't realised about the 2 languages at GCSE at DGS either but that was a positive for me as a fellow linguist :D DS enjoys languages too. I thought the range of languages offered was great. The school seemed vibrant and the enthusiasm from the teachers and students was impressive. DS just felt it looked "more exciting" at DGS than Judd and I was happy to go with his choice.

I think both schools are fantastic and it's very much a personal decision. The train journey did concern me a little for DS although I'm sure there would be others doing it.

Good luck in your decision cazbar :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now