Judd or Dartford Grammar from Bromley

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tensemum

Re: Judd or Dartford Grammar from Bromley

Post by tensemum »

Loved both the schools. Judd, I was overwhelmed. Didn't think my DS will like it but he loved it until we got to DGS. Then he loved both the schools. I asked him to sleep over it. This morning he came down, hugged me and said he wants to go to DGS. I feel that's the best choice for him.
Bondgirl, what do u think about IB status of DGS? Yet to fill my CAF form.
If he doesn't want to do IB, will I be able to change schools after GCSE?
Thanks Twinkle for your help.

Tensemum
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I had a chat with the Head of Languages about the IB. It isn't something I've looked into in any depth but she reassured me that it was viewed positively by University admissions. I do like the concept of the IB and feel it gives a more rounded education and keeps options open. DS is an all-rounder so I think it would suit him.

If I had concerns nearer time, I would consider switching to another sixth form but interestingly, from their prospectus, they retain the vast majority of their students in the sixth form (only 14 went to other schools last year).
Blametheparents

Post by Blametheparents »

Hi Bond girl,

Great decision :-)
DS is in year 7 at DGS and loves it.
One of his friends travels from Bromley and finds it ok.
Homework has not been overload so far - most nights he's managed to get done what he has been given that day and not had it hanging over til the weekend.
He's still managed to go to scouts, and fit in the occasional bit of Xbox!
He plays rugby anyway so school rugby not a problem for him.
Overall, I'm very impressed so far!
kingsgen

Post by kingsgen »

bondgirl wrote:I had a chat with the Head of Languages about the IB. It isn't something I've looked into in any depth but she reassured me that it was viewed positively by University admissions. I do like the concept of the IB and feel it gives a more rounded education and keeps options open. DS is an all-rounder so I think it would suit him.

If I had concerns nearer time, I would consider switching to another sixth form but interestingly, from their prospectus, they retain the vast majority of their students in the sixth form (only 14 went to other schools last year).
Congrats.
Sixth form should not be a problem, he can switch to his dream school after 5 years in DGS