St Olaves Questions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sevenoaks19

Re: St Olaves Questions

Post by Sevenoaks19 »

I'm not sure why. Think people usually only bother to post at first if they want to complain - maybe the rally had something to do with the majority wanting to defend the school.
MaverickAuthor

Post by MaverickAuthor »

:?:
Last edited by MaverickAuthor on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JustAnotherParent

Post by JustAnotherParent »

The figures I've seen you quote are incredible - statistically improbable to say the least.
My faith in the school is already low and nothing I see is making it any higher.
New parents probably don't see any problems - theirs DS's are only in the 1st term.
It's the kids who have been there longer that are more aware of what is going on.
What choice do we have though?
There are no other grammar schools nearby so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
It makes me so angry I could cry - and I hate to say I sometimes do!
Worriedmummy2

Post by Worriedmummy2 »

I've been reading with interest. When my son had an issue a couple of years ago, I tried to talk to the Head and he dismissed me like I was wasting his time.
Last edited by Worriedmummy2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

MaverickAuthor wrote:On January 12th, 31% of parents thought the school was not well managed (63 parents).
On January 30th, 10% of parents thought the school was not well managed (56 parents).
Surprise, surprise no increase – accuracy of statistics lead to a drop.
So every one of the extra 357 responses thinks the school is well managed – afraid it doesn’t tally with the idea that parents only post negative things about the school – statistically improbable result to say the least - bet Ofsted would be interested?
An observation from a complete outsider - I would be interested in the 7 people who apparently had a change of heart about how they felt about the management of the school.

Not to mention the one (going back to one of your previous posts) who changed their mind about whether they would recommend the school to a friend...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MaverickAuthor

Post by MaverickAuthor »

:?:
Last edited by MaverickAuthor on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

MaverickAuthor

I agree the figures look rather odd but I would hesitate to conclude foul play. Have you raised your concerns with the governors? Or with Ofsted, who presumably can investigate?
Worriedmummy2

Post by Worriedmummy2 »

[quote="
There are no other grammar schools nearby so we're stuck between a rock and a hard place.
It makes me so angry I could cry - and I hate to say I sometimes do![/quote]

I really know how you feel. I wish there was a way to get rid of bad head teachers. Parents whose children are at Indie schools have so much power, they can oust a Head if they get together. Everyone who dislikes the one at St O's feels held to ransom because he wields his power as he likes.

Poor us.
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Obviously the 'catchment' area as such for St O's is large, but I wonder why the Bexley or Kent Grammars are not considered local.
Mungo

Post by Mungo »

Probably they are out of borough or tricky to get to? Also once kids start a school they don't want the upheaval and to make new friends.