Allocations Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bromleymum1

Re: Allocations Day

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi Fingerscrossedmum,

I believe I read somewhere that you live in Bromley. If you don't mind me asking how far are you from BETHS? We are also in Bromley and have put C&S first and BETHS second. Unfortunately, I did paper application and so am still waiting! Any information would be gratefully received. Letter better arrived tomorrow, otherwise I will be gibbering wreck by Monday.
cgs19

Post by cgs19 »

lefol wrote:Marvellous Cgs... Do buy ds a big mac today! Ds2 is at chis and sid and loves it!!! CONGRATS! This time next year you will be worrying about him growing too fast for his jumper, school trips etc.
Thx lefol . DS is quite happy and keen to join C & S soon.
Last edited by cgs19 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
cgs19

Post by cgs19 »

Bromleymum1 wrote:Hi Fingerscrossedmum,

I believe I read somewhere that you live in Bromley. If you don't mind me asking how far are you from BETHS? We are also in Bromley and have put C&S first and BETHS second. Unfortunately, I did paper application and so am still waiting! Any information would be gratefully received. Letter better arrived tomorrow, otherwise I will be gibbering wreck by Monday.
Hi Bromley mum we are in Bromley too. And our DS got C & S ( our first preference ) We are almost 5 miles away from C & S.
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi cgs19,

Many thanks for your message. Congratulations to you and your DS. We are a bit further out than you, but great to hear your good news. Hope to get our letter tomorrow.
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Well, I'm in shock. Have just received letter - DS has been offered BETHS! We live in Bromley and put BETHS second, on the basis that we had 6 places to fill on application and so we should give DS every opportunity to get a grammar place. C&S was our first place option, we will accept BETHS, but put DS on waiting list and see what happens.

I just can't believe that he has been offered BETHS, it was a real long shot, possibly the fact that they had 30 extra places this year, may have made a difference. If anyone already has DS at BETHS I would love to hear from you for reassurance.

DS says "I put chis and sid 1st but expected to get a letter saying I was going to Bishop Justus. Was gobsmacked at the letter, but really happy (like the sound of going to BETHS). :D :D :D :D "
Last edited by Bromleymum1 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cgs19

Post by cgs19 »

Bromleymum1 wrote:Well, I'm in shock. Have just received letter - DS has been offered BETHS! We live in Bromley and put BETHS second, on the basis that we had 6 places to fill on application and so we should give DS every opportunity to get a grammar place. C&S was our first place option, we will accept BETHS, but put DS on waiting list and see what happens.

I just can't believe that he has been offered BETHS, it was a real long shot, possibly the fact that they had 30 extra places this year, may have made a difference. If anyone already has DS at BETHS I would love to hear from you for reassurance.

DS says "I put chis and sid 1st but expected to get a letter saying I was going to Bishop Justice. Was gobsmacked at the letter, but really happy (like the sound of going to BETHS). :D :D :D :D "
Great news Bromley Mum1 !! Congrats to u and your DS !!
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi cgs19,

Thanks for your message. We are really happy, but still hope to get C&S off the waiting list; we are closer to C&S than BETHS. We shall just have to see what happens.
carolathome

Post by carolathome »

Hi re son that got Beths instead of C&S, my son is in year 10 at C&S but we didn't just pick C&S automatically for son just about to change school. Each child so individual, it is very hard to try and get the right school for them. We were v impressed by Beths I know quite a few boys that attend Beths. I would say both schools are very good, if you prefer C&S there is lots of movement in the next few wks and you could easily get a place. We chose C&S in the end, one of the reasons being girls and boys together instead of a world of cricket, football and suddenly discovering girls at 15, DS in yr 10 well balanced boy with girls as friends and doing well at the school.
Good Luck
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

carolathome wrote:Hi re son that got Beths instead of C&S, my son is in year 10 at C&S but we didn't just pick C&S automatically for son just about to change school. Each child so individual, it is very hard to try and get the right school for them. We were v impressed by Beths I know quite a few boys that attend Beths. I would say both schools are very good, if you prefer C&S there is lots of movement in the next few wks and you could easily get a place. We chose C&S in the end, one of the reasons being girls and boys together instead of a world of cricket, football and suddenly discovering girls at 15, DS in yr 10 well balanced boy with girls as friends and doing well at the school.
Good Luck
Many thanks for your message. I agree with what you say re child as an individual. I'm sure my son would be happy at Beths as well as C&S. The journey to C&S would be slightly easier for us, plus my dad still lives in Sidcup, so if DS has any problems, he would have alternative place to go, to other than home. It will be interesting to see how far distances went out this year, but obviously Beths has come out a long way. My DS was not in top 180 and we live in Bromley. Will be contacting Bexley to put him on waiting list for C&S on Monday.
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

Too late to reply to your post yesterday BromleyMum, but congratulations re Beths - I honestly thought DS1 was going to be the only one going from this far!!!!

Please let me know if you decide to stick with Beths, it might be nice for the boys to know someone else going from here. We also worried a bit about how far it is, but its the same bus as C&S, they just stay on it for longer!

Well done to your son, its a nice dilemma to have :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now