Have we left it too late for Bexley test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
crashtestdummy

Re: Have we left it too late for Bexley test?

Post by crashtestdummy »

A lot can depend on the test paper on the day so you have everything to go for. Our son was still borderline right up to a month or so before the exam. He is one of the youngest in his year too. He has been tutored for three years but that was initially because we moved back to the UK after living abroad and school started a year later in that country there so he was already at a disadvantage and a year behind - and the youngest. a month before the test, a sixth former who had passed the 11 plus offered to give him some exam practice and in less than a month he made huge progress doing just practice papers and focussing on what he was weakest at. He was absolutely thrilled to pass the exam and his self confidence has soared.

. And on the day he passed and it wasn't
cpbp

Re: Have we left it too late for Bexley test?

Post by cpbp »

:D Kingsgen and Crashtestdummy, thank you so much for your responses. Really appreciated. Its great to hear how your DCs have got on. We will be meeting the tutor soon and will do our best. I think DS will work hard but no doubt, there will be plenty of doors banged by him in the process and more grey hairs for me but, the way I look at it, we've nothing to lose (sanity apart and my grip on that is tenuous at the best of times! :lol:

Thanks again for taking the time to post and to those of you who have pm'd me, flowers to you too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now