Less than a week until results...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amfnc

Re: Less than a week until results...

Post by amfnc »

Do the Bexley Headteachers work in a similar way to the Kent schools, i.e. take the childrens work books and appeal for children without the parents knowing, hence the reason they get the results first?
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Apparently HTs get the results first so they can appeal. Not sure why this is the case tbh as these appeals are very often not successful. I don't think it is fair for schools to get the results first , especially those primaries who have not lifted a finger to help our DC prepare.
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

This is the email I received from Bexley yesterday. The last paragraph says the school receives the result before the 8th october, so before the parents.
amfnc

Post by amfnc »

Sorry Rachdougl, I can't see anything?
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

Posted below

Dear parent,

This email contains information about the results of the Bexley selection test.

The results will be published on Wednesday 8 October 2014. We previously told parents that you would need to log in to your Bexley Self Service account to view your child’s result, and that separate letters would not be sent. Because of the number of parents who had difficulty logging in to their Self Service accounts to view the test centre details, we have decided that we will send letters to all parents as well as publishing the results online.

We will post letters to the parents of all children who have taken the test on 7 October by first class post, and you should receive the letter on 8 October. The letter will tell you whether your child is selective or not, and if he or she is one of the top 180 scorers. You will be given the three individual standardised scores for verbal, non verbal and numerical questions, and the total standardised score that decides whether your child is selective or not. During the day on 8 October, you will also receive an email containing only the selective decision with no further detail.

This means that if you have changed your email address, or forgotten your username and password, or have had other difficulties with the online system, you will still get your child’s result on 8 October without the need to do anything more. However if you have moved home since registering for the test, please email selectiontests@bexley.gov.uk with your new address, so that we can send the letter to your new address.

Your child’s school will also be sent the results before 8 October.
mumof2bexley

Post by mumof2bexley »

My dd wants to open the letter herself, not sure I will be able to wait till she gets home from school, especially with the letter there tempting me.
Do you think the ht have the results already?
I'm getting nervous for her now the time is getting nearer.