OMG only 3 days to go .....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
oob mum

Re: OMG only 3 days to go .....

Post by oob mum »

Hi everyone, just thought I should add that my daughter got 226 last year and got into Bexley grammar. We live outside the borough so there is still hope especially if top 180s gI o to Kent nd Bromley. Well done to all. Townley normally takes all that applies nd may have 2 or 3 places for those that just missed the cut off.
crazydaisy

Post by crazydaisy »

Thanks Mich- that's reassuring. Wonder how that works- maybe Townley wasn't popular last year. Good luck everyone!
raat

Post by raat »

Mich895 wrote:Raat, how far away from Bexley do you live ? After the top 180 scores, all other places are given on distance so children come in from surrounding areas.
quite far Mich89 ... we live in Gants hill .. Redbridge borough
Rachdougl

Post by Rachdougl »

Daughter passed with 231 score. We live in the Bexley catchment area. Logged in at Bluewater not sure what the other people thought as I was crying my eyes out. Only just got the score when I came home. Very proud mummy. Well done to all the children that took the test, they all deserve a pat on the back So much pressure for children so young.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Rachdougl, many congrats to your DD. I was the same last year but as we received the results by post only at least no one else saw me sobbing in the kitchen :D !
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

raat wrote:
Mich895 wrote:Raat, how far away from Bexley do you live ? After the top 180 scores, all other places are given on distance so children come in from surrounding areas.
quite far Mich89 ... we live in Gants hill .. Redbridge borough
You might be okay if Bexley measures straight-line distance rather than 'safe walking route'...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
salsa

Post by salsa »

Please don't despair if out of catchment and not top 180. Last year there was a lot of movement after allocation day. Boys over 8 miles got offered BETHS (in August and even Sep). Girls, as far as I know, got offered Towley and they lived more than 6.5 miles away. Just don't expect it to be in March. Good luck and patience!
chilledsonnervousdad

Post by chilledsonnervousdad »

Just got back from work and saw the letter. DS got a score of 262. The letter says he is guaranteed a place.

This result has definitely raised some hopes for Latymer.
Bobbysox

Post by Bobbysox »

Latymer??? Have I missed a school in this area?!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Bobbysox wrote:Latymer??? Have I missed a school in this area?!
It's a grammar school in the London Borough of Enfield :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now