Chiselhurst and sidcup grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Caramellulu

Chiselhurst and sidcup grammar

Post by Caramellulu »

We are less than 4 miles from Chis and Sid yet haven't been offered a place there. How far away are people who have been offered a place? Thanks
motherof2

Re: Chiselhurst and sidcup grammar

Post by motherof2 »

Hello
Have a look at Bexley Council website http://www.bexley.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=1901&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
page 13. The distance last year was up to 5.99 miles straight line. Don't give up there is still a chance. Perhaps find out your DS's position from admissions.
Caramellulu

Post by Caramellulu »

Thank you for the reply! It does seem very strange that the catchment has shrunk so much this year. I will phone bromley admissions tomorrow and chis and Sid and see if they can tell me the distance cut off. Thanks again
salsa

Post by salsa »

The leaflet quotes distances as at June not April.
This is from an email they sent me last April.
"For Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar we were able to offer places to children living up to 4.168 miles from the school."

Have faith and good luck!
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

It may be worth ringing bexley council first. Although they may not be able to comment on your case in as much detail as Bromley can Bexley are more likely to be able to tell you the furthest intake so far. You can then ring Bromley armed with more information.

I had heard that Chis & Sid is getting more popular but unless this is a mistake it sounds like the catchment has shrunk a lot.

We are close to the school but our distance would not help anyone as we have a sibling.
Caramellulu

Post by Caramellulu »

Thank you- I'll phone bexley first and hopefully a kind person will let me know the distance! Thanks again
lefol

Post by lefol »

As Salsa says- do hold faith and you will be offered a place once the list goes down . If you ring admissions in about a week or so, they will confirm your daughters position on the list . My DS2 attends Chis and Sid and he was offered from the waiting list although we live just over two miles from the school. Most of his friends live in Bromley , Lee and Lewisham so you do stand a chance for a very good school. Good luck .
Caramellulu

Post by Caramellulu »

Thank you very much for your reply! We are currently very highly ranked in newstead waiting list so also awaiting that. What a stressful time! I phoned both bexley and Bromley asking if they could give me a date for when second offers would be sent and they were very vague. Not fun waiting though!!
addie

Post by addie »

Does anyone know if changing address impacts the position on waiting list?
We may need to wait for outcome before we move.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

It is my understanding that after the first round allocation on 2 March the new address will be used to calculate the distance. I seem to have read something along those lines in the brochure when I was checking about moving closer to the school for a friend. In case you have binned it, I think the admissions brochure is still available online.

I’m curious as to how far Chis & Sid have gone out at the moment (although this will increase in the next few weeks) does anyone know? When we applied to the school for DD1 there were only about 6 others in her class applying for the school, this time around 15 have applied and got places.