Any OOC from the East End waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mallory

Any OOC from the East End waiting

Post by mallory »

We are Walthamstow based (but will relocate) should we get the right letter tomorrow. Any other East Enders (or even further afield) in a similar boat.

Mallory :|
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Any OOC from the East End waiting

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I think you will get the results today.
Letters are all sent out by first class so you should be fine.

Good luck. I hope you get the result you need.
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

We are out of catchment but not in the East End.
Painful waiting now until I get home from work this evening and see the letter. If not top 180 then it is goodbye grammar for my son as that would suggest that he won't be at the level for Olave's either. Still you win some you lose some!
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Good Luck everyone.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

hornetgirl wrote:We are out of catchment but not in the East End.
Painful waiting now until I get home from work this evening and see the letter. If not top 180 then it is goodbye grammar for my son as that would suggest that he won't be at the level for Olave's either. Still you win some you lose some!
We are in the same boat as well. However, not all tests are the same and the children might not do well in one but surprise us in the other. Don't lose hope. Good luck.
salsa

Post by salsa »

mumsdarling2 wrote:
hornetgirl wrote:We are out of catchment but not in the East End.
We are in the same boat as well. However, not all tests are the same and the children might not do well in one but surprise us in the other. Don't lose hope. Good luck.
Yes, we know someone who did ok, but not top 180, and got a "likely" from St Olave's.
hornetgirl

Post by hornetgirl »

Well DS passed:-) but not top 180 :-(.

Still he is very pleased with himself for passing and he did best in the numerical reasoning which is a big part of the Olave's test . We have made him feel proud of himself this evening which is great. :-)
Happy hamster

Post by Happy hamster »

hornetgirl wrote:Well DS passed:-) but not top 180 :-(.

Still he is very pleased with himself for passing and he did best in the numerical reasoning which is a big part of the Olave's test . We have made him feel proud of himself this evening which is great. :-)
Well done to him! It is a great achievement!

Sad for any 10/11 year old feeling upset this evening because of all this. Hope they're all doing ok.
mallory

Post by mallory »

Well, he passed but not in top 180 so deemed selective but can't go any further with it unfortunately. Feel proud of him and he isn't feeling too upset. 5499 kids for just under 800 places....ridiculously tough.

Now what..waiting for Latymer but not hopeful on this.

M
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now