Favourite material

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vmcguire

Favourite material

Post by vmcguire »

Hi

What have been your favourite and most accurate material? I've heard bond books aren't great.

Any suggestions?
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Favourite material

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

My favourite books ever and not just for 11+ are Schofield and Sims maths, excellent for problem solving and good value for money. For VR I liked IPS and got mostly Bond for NVR but did not use them a lot as mine did not need much practice as it sort of came natural to them.

I was not very impressed with CGP 11+ materials to be honest. (but love their revision guides for GCSE).

In general I would stay well clear of anything labelled CEM as in my opinion it is a marketing thing. CEM examboard is clear that they do not publish revision materials unlike GL used to to do.

In general I think the best strategy is to practice widely, don't stick to one publisher.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

MerlinFromCamelot wrote:In general I think the best strategy is to practice widely, don't stick to one publisher.
Absolutely correct. I would also suggest DCs to read, read and read widely. Vocab is hard to master as it is. Harder if you have to memorise from a list. Reading also helps comprehension a lot.
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

I like Bond online . Dc was able to practise particular areas such as word problems
mani123

Post by mani123 »

Ditto the above - and my DS also liked the Letts CEM papers in run up to test as the audio track seemed close to the 'real thing' (based on a mock test he did in June).
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

I think Bond Maths is good enough - with English I think you are better going with practice papers (GL,Bond) and read widely ...Also First past the post comprehension is great