Kent Tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
l_bexley 2

Kent Tests

Post by l_bexley 2 »

Does anyone know where Bexley children sit the Kent tests? Is it at one of the grammar schools that you applied for?

Also, what's everyone's opinion on sitting all the tests on the same day?

Surely this must be a disadvantage!
guest1

Post by guest1 »

There was a strand on out of area kids doing all the tests on one day on the Kent section.

And don't get us started on whether it is a disadvantage or not, you get to list 6 schools on your CAF and we (Kent parents) only get 3.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

My daughter sat the Kent Test last year. She sat it at the grammar she was interested in.

All the girls who were sitting with my daughter, having done the tests (and writing piece for borderline cases) all in one day, looked absolutely exhausted. I think that may well answer your question!

But would other children outside of Bexley be in the same boat when they came to our Borough to take the Bexley Tests?
changer

Post by changer »

A child in Kent...sat both Medway and Bexley tests...preparing for Kent test too.However,She already has a place at Rochester Grammar Girls School..selective based on her music ability.
She did her Bexley tests on same days as children schooling in Bexley.
Apparently,both Bexley and Medway tests are easier than Kent tests.I must say the child in question was tutored by her primary school teachers for a year in her home...but had problems with NVR...which was addressed privately in the school's staff room by one of her teachers.My understanding is year six pupils do NVR every friday in this particular primary school in Kent.
Personally,It is too much stress putting your child for all county exams...Grammar school or no grammar school,that is not a child's identity.Mothers ,teach true values and nurture your child in the best way possible with out added parental stress or pressures.
Unfortunately,brillance is not what counts but ATTITUDE.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now