Travel from Dartford/Bexley to St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Travel from Dartford/Bexley to St Olaves

Post by doodles »

I can't imagine parents bring very happy if their DC finishes at 3.30/3.40 then has to wait until 5.00/5.30 for another child to finish an activity before they can get to the A20 or M25 in the rush hour.

Please do consider all the options, public transport really isn't that bad, both my ds's have survived :wink: and it does give them some useful independence. However, good luck whatever you decide.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
NosyP

Post by NosyP »

Public transport really is the best. I have a son travelling from Orpington to Tonbridge by train and it costs about £200 for six weeks. Flexible and reliable!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

NosyP wrote:Public transport really is the best. I have a son travelling from Orpington to Tonbridge by train and it costs about £200 for six weeks. Flexible and reliable!!
Under £200 here for DD the whole year (barring three weeks of August); 3 stops / 7 minutes by train and home by 4.15 if she gets her skates on on the walk from school to station. DS2 has no sensible rail route so costs us about twice that for his bus season tickets, but still less than £60 a month between them averaged out over the year.

We are not exactly on our beam ends, but I'm afraid I cannot conceive of spending £70 a week on getting just one of our DC to school, however 'prestigious'...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
vishakha.manocha

Post by vishakha.manocha »

Hi! I am really pleased to see that there are students travelling from Dartford to St Olaves. My son will be sitting 11+ this year and was just wondering about the travel if he gets through. Please keep updated of how the travel works and also if you could arrange a coach/taxi, I am quite sure that I will be interested if he gets through. Regards
Rashvin

Post by Rashvin »

We are desperately looking for transport for our son who is starting St'Olave from this September. We live in Bexleyheath. Any one know about any other children who travel from Bexleyheath ? We are happy to share any private transport as well if anyone doing with other kids please. Could anyone reply ASAP please?
Thanks
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Rashvin i'm sure I saw a flyer at the St Olaves Open day re; private coaches. One of the routes went down Welling High St which isn't too far I think from Bexleyheath? Maybe give the school a ring - there is probably someone in the office from tomorrow.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Number 51 bus?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rashvin

Post by Rashvin »

Thank you for the reply. We did contact the the lady who was planning to do a private Transport . as there were not enough kids she has given up that idea.
No 51 bus goes from Welling , not from Bexleyheath
We have found B14 from Bexleyheath town centre to Orpington or to take 269 from Bexleyheath to Sidcup then take 51 from Crescent road. 269 and 51 are frequent buses but B14 is only every 25-30 minutes
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

There seem to Lewis coaches travelling to and from Saint Olaves.
Glowing Mama

Post by Glowing Mama »

We are looking for transport for our son who is starting St'Olave from this September. We live in Dartford . Any one know about any other children who travel from Dartford. We are happy to do car share. Could anyone reply ASAP please?
Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now