Newstead Wood September 2016 starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: Newstead Wood September 2016 starters

Post by ToadMum »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Hi Monak, thanks for doing that, I have pm'd you.

Toadmum, I believe the class numbers are due to size of room restraints. If they knocked the whole school down and built it again they could probably fit more in, but not with the rooms the size they are. I've seen similar comments about some other schools in a report by Bromley Council when they have been looking at opportunities to expand capacity but the capital investment required would be too huge to justify it. Someone may come along to correct me as I have read so much stuff and that is what I seem to remember but now can't find the link to the Bromley Council report.

When I get home I need to dig out the dates of DD's last tetanus jab so I can complete the Harry Potter outing form. I know I had that info recently for when DD started at Guides, I am just hoping I put it back in the right place. :)
I did wonder (obviously, otherwise it wouldn't have occurred to me to enquire :lol: ). Although I am vaguely familiar with Orpington, I have never seen the school.

I don't know how strict they are re precise dates, but I must admit that until ours get to their 'teen' boosters, I always just put 'pre-school booster at age 4' when asked about immunisations and so far neither scouts nor schools here has complained. It gets a bit more embarrassing after the year 10 one, however, when asked for a date only a few months back which not even the child concerned can remember precisely :oops: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
thebestmummy

Post by thebestmummy »

Hi a bit off topic , do any of your daughters play Tennis at Newstead ?
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

No but as a family we make use of the Tennis for Free courts at Willet Rec in Petts Wood which is nearby and almost free. If you haven't heard of it I can highly recommend it. It is £20 a year but that covers admin costs (so yes not technically free but almost) and you can book courts to your hearts content. It is part of Langley Tennis Club and a great community asset.

I believe if you have a daughter at NW you get a discount from the courts at Newstead.
thebestmummy

Post by thebestmummy »

Oh do we?
That's good , I'll enquire about the discount when
next terms tennis fees are due :P
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now