Beths and Bexley Waiting Lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
salsa

Re: Beths and Bexley Waiting Lists

Post by salsa »

It makes sense. We also had closer schools, but trickier to get to.
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

I just heard of our DS friend who was high (over 10th) on the waiting list of Beth's at the end of term has just been offered a place.
salsa

Post by salsa »

On the first day of term! People really wait until the last minute to give their places up! How is your friend? How far from the school?

Edit:

What position was he as at April? I've just edited as I can see you say he was on the high tenths in July. It'd be interesting to know what he was when the list was first established.

Thanks.

Salsa
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

I will try to find out and will post back when I know, they are quite far from the school but historically thought they were well within catchment (I think Beths went out to 8 miles the year before) but they are only 4 or 5 away.
salsa

Post by salsa »

RoboR wrote:I will try to find out and will post back when I know, they are quite far from the school but historically thought they were well within catchment (I think Beths went out to 8 miles the year before) but they are only 4 or 5 away.
Ok, thank you. 4 or 5 miles! That's quite a change.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Looking at the Bexley bookley Beths came out 5.7 miles as of June. Last year they came out 8 miles but that was by the start of the school term.
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

PWF can you remind me please how the Bexley schools calculate distance and what would be the best site to use? Many thanks.
salsa

Post by salsa »

grgygirl wrote:PWF can you remind me please how the Bexley schools calculate distance and what would be the best site to use? Many thanks.
They may tell you exactly your distance to the schools, if you email them. I did that when my eldest went on the waiting list, but they may answer sooner.

Salsa
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The booklet tells you which schools do straight line and which do safe walking distance. How they exactly calculate I couldn't say. As Salsa says they will be happy to let you know if you ask. The admissions lady at Townley was very helpful and responsive last year so they do take direct queries. I worked out roughly what my distance was using tools like freemaptools.com which has various types of calculator including between postcodes but if you are borderline then their actual tool will be the deciding factor. I have in my head Bexley use ordnance survey but don't have anything concrete to back they up with.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi,
I've just checked the distance the council said we were against that returned by freemaptools.com and they are pretty similar, so I would use that tool.

Salsa