How was St.Olaves Exam Today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

salsa

Re: How was St.Olaves Exam Today?

Post by salsa »

grgygirl wrote:I thought I'd read somewhere last year, that it was around 450 to the second stage. I'll try to find the info.
Our friend at St Olave's helped with 300 chairs last year.
saltydog

Post by saltydog »

Last year we didn't even find out if DSs had made it to the second stage of the St Olaves' test until a little before the CAF submission date of 31 October. The second paper was sat in mid November some time. So you had to put St Os as your top choice before your DS had even sat the second paper, let alone given any FB as to whether he thought he stood a cat in hells chance of passing it or not. All struck me as a little arrogant. Sounds like they have got a little better organised this year.
matdanjosh

Post by matdanjosh »

It was 450 for second stage last year. My son was one of them and we didn't found out that he'd got his place until the March offers. So if you really want this school and get through to the second stage you MUST put it first.
DIYdad

Post by DIYdad »

matdanjosh wrote:It was 450 for second stage last year. My son was one of them and we didn't found out that he'd got his place until the March offers. So if you really want this school and get through to the second stage you MUST put it first.
I concur. We went to the open day in July and the headmaster mentioned that 1400 sat the test last year out of which 450 were invited to second stage.
lifeisgood

Post by lifeisgood »

Do we know when will St Olave declare results of 1st stage. Do they share details like marks/score and weightage impact on second stage.

Cheers.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

I don't remember the date last year but it might have been around early October. However, it may well be different this year. If they plan to follow last year's pattern, then you will only know whether your son has been invited to the second stage or not. There will be nothing written about his performance in stage 1 or any other useful information about stage 2.
fleurdelacourt

Post by fleurdelacourt »

Last year, out of 1180 candidates at first round 450 were invited back for the second stage.

The results of the first stage SET were posted out first class on 16 October.

There was then nothing further from the school (so no LIKELY / POSSIBLE / UNLIKELY letter) and the next we heard was the allocation on 1 March. At that point the school were fab and a phone call would give you an unofficial indication of the likelihood of getting a place if you stayed on the waiting list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now