Results Bexley 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workingmom

Re: Results Bexley 2016

Post by workingmom »

Thank You again everybody for clarifying. Let me try validating the concern, which I have picked on basis of unsubstantiated chatter with couple of fellow parents.

I am taking the scenario of Bexley results, where a DC1 is in top 180. And say Townley grammar is third preference on the CAF and the child is not getting confirmed admission in any of the top 2 school of CAF on the offer day. Are there any circumstances in which DC2, who is also in top 180 and has Townley as first preference, has preference over DC1?

As you all would have understood, my query is whether it harms our chances in a specific school if we put this specific school lower in our priority? My understanding is that it doesn't matter where one keeps a school in priority order; one would not be at disadvantage for a school place simply for keeping it lower in priority.

Hope, I am making sense. Thanks in advance.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

workingmom wrote:Thank You again everybody for clarifying. Let me try validating the concern, which I have picked on basis of unsubstantiated chatter with couple of fellow parents.

I am taking the scenario of Bexley results, where a DC1 is in top 180. And say Townley grammar is third preference on the CAF and the child is not getting confirmed admission in any of the top 2 school of CAF on the offer day. Are there any circumstances in which DC2, who is also in top 180 and has Townley as first preference, has preference over DC1?

As you all would have understood, my query is whether it harms our chances in a specific school if we put this specific school lower in our priority? My understanding is that it doesn't matter where one keeps a school in priority order; one would not be at disadvantage for a school place simply for keeping it lower in priority.

Hope, I am making sense. Thanks in advance.
No. In your scenario, Townley becomes your effective first choice.
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi Workingmom,

You should put the schools in order of your true preference. If Townley is actually your 3rd preference, then put it 3rd. If on offers day you do not get an offer from your 1st or 2nd choices, you will be allocated Townley. Someone who has put Townley as 1st preference will have no greater chance of getting in than you. As you both have top 180 children you know you have a place anyway. However, be sure that you do prefer the schools you put 1st and 2nd as you could get either of these and not end up with a place at Townley.
Last edited by Mich895 on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
saltydog

Post by saltydog »

kenyancowgirl wrote:
saltydog wrote:If you want your child to attend a Bexley school and they are in the top 180 you don't need to put a list of schools on the CAF at all. You are guaranteed your place at the Bexley (grammar) school of your choice so just need to put one school on the 'list' and you will get it. What was the pass mark/top 180 mark this year? I haven't been able to find it yet.
:shock: :shock: How can that be true?!! What if every single person who qualified in Bexley put teh same school down? They couldn't possible guarantee them all a place at that particular school!!

List the schools on your CAF in your true preference order.
Of course that's true.That's the whole point of the top 180. Being in the top 180 'guarantees your place at the Bexley grammar school of your choice'. The operative word being 'guarantees'. So no need to put a list if you are in the top 180 and want a Bexley school. Not all the 180 will choose the same school. Some of them won't take a place at a Bexley school at all. Don't worry, Bexley have worked it all out but if by some very bizarre fluke all of the top 180 chose the same school (it would never happen) they would all get a place at the school.
workingmom

Post by workingmom »

Mich895 wrote:Hi Workingmom,

You should put the schools in order of your true preference. If Townley is actually your 3rd preference, then put it 3rd. If on offers day you do not get an offer from your 1st or 2nd choices, you will be allocated Townley. Someone who has put Townley as 1st preference will have no greater chance of getting in than you. As you both have top 180 children you know you have a place anyway. However, be sure that you do prefer the schools you put 1st and 2nd as you could get either of these and not end up with a place at Townley.
Thank you loobylou and mich....