Tutor for Newstead Woods, Bexley and Kent tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BumpyRoad

Tutor for Newstead Woods, Bexley and Kent tests

Post by BumpyRoad »

Hi - congratulations to all who have received good news this week. We are about to start on the 11+ journey so I'd really like to find a good tutor to assist us. If any of you who have come out the other end and, looking back feel that their tutor was a good investment, would be willing to share their contact details with me I should be very grateful (we're based in Bromley). I'm also interested to hear if anyone would recommend any revision courses, group prep or mock tests.
Many thanks

We try to keep the forum as safe as possible - we don't allow tutors to be openly recommended, because it attracts posts with fake recommendations ('dodgy' advertising solely designed to solicit business on the internet).
It is also not unknown for unscrupulous competitors to 'plant' posts seeking to denigrate the opposition!

Genuine recommendations from forum members by PM only (private message) are permitted - but be aware of the possibility that someone who appears to be a 'helpful parent' offering advice may not be all they seem! There could be an ulterior motive.

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with great caution.
However, we have many long standing members (check carefully the date of joining and number of posts) who make a very valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a private recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering.

Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem - just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Note:
  • • Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
Godfather

Re: Tutor for Newstead Woods, Bexley and Kent tests

Post by Godfather »

I have PMed you my recommendation.....but what works for us may not work for you
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

I have pm'd you.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

We tried a tutor and decided to home tutor. DD sat all the tests you list and is now very happy at NW so we didn't go far wrong. Reasoning was that tutor was not really assessing the areas our daughter was weakest at and was just getting her to sit practice tests. This was someone recommended by another parent. I am sure there are better tutors out there but if you down go down that course I would suggest that you still need to keep a close eye on how your child is doing. Best of luck.