Bexley Tests 208

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
deni

Bexley Tests 208

Post by deni »

Has anyone heard any more about the type of tests Bexley will be using this year? I've tried calling Bexley but keep getting an answerphone. It would be really useful to know now.

Also any idea on how and when to apply for taking the Kent tests?
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Deni - if you look a couple of topics down the Bexley site you will see some posts about this. I did ring the LEA a week or so ago and they said that they are in discussion with NFER about the format of the tests which are likely to be NVR and VR, incorporating some maths and english. I hope they reach a decisions soon. My youngest is in year 4 so this doesn't affect me until next year but I'm sure it must be very disconcerting for parents of children sitting the exam this year.

As you probably know, the Kent 11+ process is also under review. I presume you live in Bexley, in which case you will just list any Kent schools you are interested in on your CAF (eg, for my son who is currently in Y6 we listed 2 Bexley grammars, then 2 Kent grammars, then 2 Bexley non-selectives). Kent will then get in touch with you to let you know when and where the tests will be. I suggest if you want more information about the Kent 11+ you ring the Admissions people in Maidstone (01622 696565).