Results Day 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tehelka

Re: Results Day 2017

Post by tehelka »

That’s not correct... don’t talk to the council about this. If you really want to send your child to bexley and you are not close enough, just move if you can. Let the council know once you move. And they will HAVE TO transfer your application from the current council to Bexley. You have to move before the 8th of December. No questions asked: why, how, where. And there cannot be any reason bigger than your child’s education to move...
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

tehelka wrote:That’s not correct... don’t talk to the council about this. If you really want to send your child to bexley and you are not close enough, just move if you can. Let the council know once you move. And they will HAVE TO transfer your application from the current council to Bexley. You have to move before the 8th of December. No questions asked: why, how, where. And there cannot be any reason bigger than your child’s education to move...

Thank you very very very much, that gave me a hope
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The Bexley transfer document says:
Change of address

The London Borough of Bexley is responsible for applicants resident in the borough of Bexley on the closing date for submission of the CAF, 31 October 2017. If parents provide documentary evidence both that they have left an address
outside Bexley and have moved into Bexley before 8 December 2017, the London Borough of Bexley will accept responsibility for administering the application. The documentary evidence required is confirmation that liability for council tax on the previous address has been cancelled and that the parent is now registered for council tax purposes as the occupier of the new address in Bexley. Evidence of the move must be received by the London Borough of Bexley by 8 December.

Changes of address within the London Borough of Bexley will be accepted until 8 December 2017 if documentary evidence of the move as described in the paragraph above is provided by that date. After 8 December 2017, or if sufficient evidence of the move is not provided, the previous address will be used for allocation purposes until after the first round of offers has been made on 1 March 2018.
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

streathammum wrote:The Bexley transfer document says:
Change of address

The London Borough of Bexley is responsible for applicants resident in the borough of Bexley on the closing date for submission of the CAF, 31 October 2017. If parents provide documentary evidence both that they have left an address
outside Bexley and have moved into Bexley before 8 December 2017, the London Borough of Bexley will accept responsibility for administering the application. The documentary evidence required is confirmation that liability for council tax on the previous address has been cancelled and that the parent is now registered for council tax purposes as the occupier of the new address in Bexley. Evidence of the move must be received by the London Borough of Bexley by 8 December.

Changes of address within the London Borough of Bexley will be accepted until 8 December 2017 if documentary evidence of the move as described in the paragraph above is provided by that date. After 8 December 2017, or if sufficient evidence of the move is not provided, the previous address will be used for allocation purposes until after the first round of offers has been made on 1 March 2018.
Should I move to the borough of Bexley or any close place would be enough as Long as within their catchment area?
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi bluespell, the Top 180 is fixed. If any of the Top 180 do not apply to Bexley schools no other children move up the rankings.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Qusay02 wrote:
Should I move to the borough of Bexley or any close place would be enough as Long as within their catchment area?
It doesn't matter which borough you're in, what matters is how close you are to the school you're interested in. Some schools' catchments are very small. You need to read the admissions document properly and if you're serious about moving you need to get your skates on :wink:
Novice mum

Post by Novice mum »

We got our results this am . My son just missed out. He got 213.83 which was rounded down to 213. He was so upset this evening when we came home and I told him he just missed out on the selective score. The only schools we realistically could have got into were Beths and Chis and sids. Does anyone know if either of these schools have reserve lists? Is there any such thing as a head teachers appeal ? How should we best move forward from this ? Thanking you ....
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

That’s so close Novice, sorry to hear how upset your son is.

Info re appealing is at the bottom of the first section:

https://www.bexley.gov.uk/services/chil ... tion-tests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Novice mum wrote:We got our results this am . My son just missed out. He got 213.83 which was rounded down to 213. He was so upset this evening when we came home and I told him he just missed out on the selective score. The only schools we realistically could have got into were Beths and Chis and sids. Does anyone know if either of these schools have reserve lists? Is there any such thing as a head teachers appeal ? How should we best move forward from this ? Thanking you ....
That is so close and it is so mean that they rounded down!
I would get your headteacher to apply for a review. This had to be done by a deadline, usually in November. The results would come through by the beginning of December, so you would have to put the school in your CAF so that your child would be considered for the school before March. If the review is unsuccessful, I don't know whether a school such as Beths would offer a place. You'd need to ask the school directly. I know that Townley has offered to girls one or two points under the pass rate in previous years, but I haven't heard anything about other schools doing the same.

Good luck,

Salsa
salsa

Post by salsa »

About catchment, the Bexley leaflet is notoriously inaccurate every year. I know it says that the figures are as at June, but I know that both Townley and Beths offered over 8 miles on the waiting list last year (September 2017 entry).
The best thing is email the schools AND the council directly.

If you move before the 31st October, you do the application for via Bexley, else you'd do it via your borough and then apply for a transfer once you have moved, as long as it's done before the December deadline.
Please be aware that documents will be requested to make sure that this move is genuine and you are not still living at your old address. Typically your final council tax bill, utilities bills, etc. I'm not exactly sure, but you could ask the council.
Moving is not for the faint hearted. You need to consider the whole family, including other children who would be leaving their friends, schools and familiar environments.

Salsa
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now