Results Day 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mich895

Re: Results Day 2017

Post by Mich895 »

Hi dk3108,

You do not necessarily have to live in Bexley to get a place at a Bexley Grammar school. One of the criteria is distance from the school. How far away do you live from the schools ?
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

dk3108 wrote:My DS got 238 and we are from OOC. "Admission to secondary schools in Bexley" PDF received with score today tells us that we can move to Bexley by 8th Dec 2017. Do we still need to fill up CAF by 31st Oct under our current Local Authority providing schools in Bexley as top priority and then inform Bexley LA whenever we move to Bexley before 8th Dec?
Can anybody please guide here about the process how to apply for schools in Bexley before 31st Oct when you have actually not moved into Bexley?

I have just called the Bexley council this afternoon regarding same matter and I was told that it is too late to move now and they will only consider the new address if there is a genuine reason to move.
I am in similar position as you and I don't know what to do? My DS worked so hard to pass and we can't be happy because we live too far.
blondegirl

Post by blondegirl »

We don't live in Bexley - we live in Petts Wood but loads of kids from here go to Bexley schools. It's just distance and we're close enough to the schools to qualify. You don't need to move (depending on where you live, of course. If you're in Manchester, then maybe... :wink: )
jackman

Post by jackman »

Qusay02 wrote:I have just called the Bexley council this afternoon regarding same matter and I was told that it is too late to move now and they will only consider the new address if there is a genuine reason to move.
I am in similar position as you and I don't know what to do? My DS worked so hard to pass and we can't be happy because we live too far.
What? Are they serious?

Their guidance clearly states the the 8th December date.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Hello all,

Congrats to all the children who worked so hard to sit the test. Pls what is the cut off. Would a score of 225 be enough for a Bexley GS. Live in Slade Green under Bexley though.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Back to a question from a few posts back - please complete and submit your current LA's CAF before 31st October. Whatever you are considering doing afterwards, at least you have made an on time application in the meantime.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

theonly1 wrote:Hello all,

Congrats to all the children who worked so hard to sit the test. Pls what is the cut off. Would a score of 225 be enough for a Bexley GS. Live in Slade Green under Bexley though.
You need to read the admissions criteria for each school you are interested in, plus all the general advice on the LB Bexley website, including the table referred to by streathammum in her post:
streathammum wrote:
Qusay0 wrote:My DC passed as well but only 239. We live around 9miles away. So DC won't be considered isn't it? Any advice please?
Which school are you interested in?

The Bexley secondary transfer booklet has a helpful table showing furthest distances offered in the last few years. Last year Townley went to 9.7 miles (walking route) but all the others were quite a lot less than 9 miles.
I understand that score is only relevant if it puts your DC within the top 180, who are guaranteed a place in the Bexley grammar school of their choice.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
juniper31

Post by juniper31 »

I know at least 7 kids who are inside this "180 Group" that are not interested in a place in Bexley at all as they are aiming for quite a few other schools in their own counties (i.e., Kent, Medway and Orpington), so if your kid's score is 248+, you still have a pretty good chance of getting into that 180 bracket...
bluespell

Post by bluespell »

Hi All,
Is the top 180 list fixed or can it move i.e. what happens if some children who are in top 180 do not apply to Bexley schools. Will this mean that other children who are rank lower (lets say scoring standardized score of 250 or 249) have a chance to move into top 180 category?
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

jackman wrote:
Qusay02 wrote:I have just called the Bexley council this afternoon regarding same matter and I was told that it is too late to move now and they will only consider the new address if there is a genuine reason to move.
What? Are they serious?

Their guidance clearly states the the 8th December date.
Could you please send me a link? I couldn't find th 8th of December? If this is the case that would be a very good news.