11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tehelka

Re: Results Day 2017

Post by tehelka »

got the result:
VR: 230.59
NVR: 229.24
NR: 252.60
Net: 235; not in the top 180, but we didn't expect either. we are OOC though.

I will tell him, you are in the top 180 in MATHS :-) NVR he had mismarked one whole section and came out crying :-)

many congrats to those who got selected as well...
shabbymummy

Post by shabbymummy »

Just got the email. Can't stop shaking.

263, so top 180. So he can go to BGS like his brother but not have his brother (who was also top 180) reminding him every day for the rest of his life that he's better than him.

Thank goodness for that.

Off to make a pot of tea now. Fizzy stuff comes later.

All the best to everyone. xx
Qusay02

Post by Qusay02 »

My DC passed as well but only 239. We live around 9miles away. So DC won't be considered isn't it? Any advice please?
IamYourPapa

Post by IamYourPapa »

DD selective with a 214. Thought she'd do a lot better but in hindsight just thankful she got in.
mummymu

Post by mummymu »

Qusay02 wrote:My DC passed as well but only 239. We live around 9miles away. So DC won't be considered isn't it? Any advice please?
We are in the similar situation, just over 10 miles away. As far as I understand, if DC is not in top 180, chances are very slim...
SophiaandIandad

Post by SophiaandIandad »

My daughter got top 180, thank you much very for all the replies and I keep checking this forum all the time... and I couldn't sleep much last night...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Qusay02 wrote:My DC passed as well but only 239. We live around 9miles away. So DC won't be considered isn't it? Any advice please?
Put the school that you (your DS) really want most at the top of your CAF, next preference second - and so on. With the caveat that if all the schools you really want are selective schools for which he may qualify academically, but not under other criteria, you must find a school for which he will qualify at least in last place. Otherwise, your LEA will allocate you the nearest undersubscribed school, which could be both undesirable and a difficult journey away from your home address.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
lewishamDad

Post by lewishamDad »

9 miles from which school - you may still get in the distances yoyo from year to year
some years Townley has no distance issue
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Have you checked with the individual schools how far they offered last year?
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Qusay02

As your child is not Top 180 you will be considered on the distance criteria along with all the other passes. Your best option would be to apply to a single-sex school (as they tend to have a bigger catchment area due to only being able to take half of the population in the area), Townley if your DC is a girl or Beths for a boy. If you are not given a place in March you can apply to be placed on the waiting list.

You may consider an appeal but historically Bexley appeals are impossible to win unless you can prove maladministration.

List the school choices on your CAF in order of preference, but do make sure that at least one 'safe' choice is listed - a school that you are certain to get and are fairly happy with.

Good Luck and well done to your DC.