Townley starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sang1219

Townley starters

Post by Sang1219 »

Anyone starting Townley this Sept 2017 :) ?
Silverspire

Re: Townley starters

Post by Silverspire »

Yes, here. My daughter is starting Sept 2017. She was Bexley top 180 and it was her choice to go to Townley. I am anxious about whether it's the right choice. But I do think all the grammar schools are good and I believe she will strive wherever she goes.
PWDad

Post by PWDad »

Hi,
My daughter is starting Townley in September and I am really happy about it. The school were kind enough to arrange a tour last week and after visiting, I am convinced that this is the best choice for my daughter.

With lessons being on, the tour presented a really good opportunity to see how the school functions on a day to day basis. Pupils were fully engaged in the lessons and teachers were overwhelmingly enthusiastic. During changeover, girls moved around courteously - no running, pushing, etc.

We are in Petts Wood, so wondered if there will be many other girls from Bromley/Petts Wood/Orpington starting in September?
isoflome

Post by isoflome »

My daughter is starting in September, we are in Orpington. It has been DD's first choice since she went to the open day with her sister about 3 years ago!
:D
PWDad

Post by PWDad »

Glad to hear that Isoflome. Will she be using the coach service?

Refreshing to hear that Townley was her first choice, given that Newstead is on your doorstep!
Muststopstressing

Post by Muststopstressing »

Hi, my dd is also starting at Townley this September, first choice so we are really pleased!
She will be travelling from Lee so hoping to meet others on that journey in due course..

Will you all be sending your girls to the summer school?
We hope to, but as it's in the middle of the school holidays it may be a bit of a juggling act...... :D
isoflome

Post by isoflome »

Yes PWDad, she will be on the coach. We have been using it for DD1 and it has worked very well for us.

DD2 will be at the summer school, she is really looking forward to meeting some new friends. I'm not so delighted to be driving there and back twice each day! :D

I'm happy to try to answer any questions if anyone wants to know anything.
saffy13

Post by saffy13 »

Hello,
We are hoping for a Townley place in 2018. We live near Elmstead Woods Station and I was wondering whereabouts in Chislehurst the coach picks up from and roughly how long it takes to get there?
Thanks!
isoflome

Post by isoflome »

Hi Saffy13, the current coach which is run by DJ Coaches doesn't pick up in Chislehurst. I think from that area girls would catch the 269 bus.
Originally there was another coach route but it was stopped as there weren't many girls on it. I'm not sure if it went through Chislehurst or Elmstead Woods. You could get in touch with DJ Coaches directly, if numbers were sufficient they might run it again?
Good luck with the tests :D
watbogs

Post by watbogs »

I'm just back from the open morning - I've never considered the school before as had heart set on a Kent school or Newstead - but wow, it's so impressive. As is the Head. Can anyone give me feedback on how their DD has settled in? Any insights to share? Things you'd wished you'd known?
We would be taking the coach if we got in
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now