Chis & Sid Bookable Tours

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
phina1

Chis & Sid Bookable Tours

Post by phina1 »

Hi All,
Has anyone been on the Chis & Sid bookable tours (as opposed to the open to everyone open mornings)? I'm planning to just go to the Open Morning but remember it being utter carnage last year, just wondering if the bookable tours are significantly better - they're not ideal for me as all fall on my working days, but would consider it if a better experience.

Thanks!
Fingerscrossedmum

Re: Chis & Sid Bookable Tours

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

We’re going on one and I hope it’s less chaotic than the general ones. I think this is the first year they’re holding them and according to their website most days are already fully booked.

We’re going on Wednesday so I’ll report back.
zcacmxi

Post by zcacmxi »

We also requested a tour, the confirmation states " Due to demand, they can only accommodate 1 parent on the guided tour".

So if both parents are interested, they'll have to visit on general tour day too.
phina1

Post by phina1 »

Thanks Both, we both want to go and take a look with my son so no good anyway. Good to know!

Hopefully, with a number of people going on the bookable tours, they'll be less general chaos on the open days!!
Fingerscrossedmum

Post by Fingerscrossedmum »

We went on the tour today and reporting back as promised!

There were only 20 of us (10 children and 10 parents). It was good to have access to the Head (although I definitely asked most of the questions!) and was much calmer than the usual Open day scrum. Downside was we didn’t get a chance to speak to the pupils themselves but we did get a sense of the ‘real’ school.

Head seems a really nice solid guy. We’re torn between here and Beths which we’re looking at tomorrow - and I’ll probably start a thread after we’ve seen it!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now