Go to navigation
It is currently Sun May 09, 2021 3:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:38 pm 

Hi All,
Has anyone been on the Chis & Sid bookable tours (as opposed to the open to everyone open mornings)? I'm planning to just go to the Open Morning but remember it being utter carnage last year, just wondering if the bookable tours are significantly better - they're not ideal for me as all fall on my working days, but would consider it if a better experience.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 pm 

We’re going on one and I hope it’s less chaotic than the general ones. I think this is the first year they’re holding them and according to their website most days are already fully booked.

We’re going on Wednesday so I’ll report back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 am 

We also requested a tour, the confirmation states " Due to demand, they can only accommodate 1 parent on the guided tour".

So if both parents are interested, they'll have to visit on general tour day too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:03 pm 

Thanks Both, we both want to go and take a look with my son so no good anyway. Good to know!

Hopefully, with a number of people going on the bookable tours, they'll be less general chaos on the open days!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 pm 

We went on the tour today and reporting back as promised!

There were only 20 of us (10 children and 10 parents). It was good to have access to the Head (although I definitely asked most of the questions!) and was much calmer than the usual Open day scrum. Downside was we didn’t get a chance to speak to the pupils themselves but we did get a sense of the ‘real’ school.

Head seems a really nice solid guy. We’re torn between here and Beths which we’re looking at tomorrow - and I’ll probably start a thread after we’ve seen it!!