Girls versus mixed schools and IB vs A levels

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jiya90

Re: Girls versus mixed schools and IB vs A levels

Post by Jiya90 »

Thanks for your responses. I have been more focused on how a school felt or the vibe and if i saw DD fitting there. Growing up i found girls harder to get on with and friendships with boys easier and a better natural fit. My DD seems to manage her 'girl' friendships much better than i did at primary school. But im not sure if a girl only environment would be the best thing for her. Of course it does depend on their luck with friendships and the specific group of children around them.

The only mixed school we have shortlisted however is bexley grammar. That does IB though. Which seems harder and does not seem to provide any additional advantages. Any experiences with IB or bexley grammar? Good or not so good?
phina1

Post by phina1 »

Don't forget that there are quite a few years until your daughter reaches sixth form and not only do many children switch schools at this point (so she could move to a different school if she prefers A Levels), but also some of the other schools may have changed what they offer by that point anyway.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

+1 about not looking beyond GCSEs for now. I gather there is a lot of movement between sixth forms, for reasons of single sex v co-ed (many more sixth forms are co-ed) curriculum, required grades, A-Levels v IB etc - so choose the right school for now and A levels or IB decision can wait.
Jiya90

Post by Jiya90 »

Thank you. Yes that makes sense.