Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:26 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: CAF query
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:15 am
Posts: 8
Am I right in thinking the order in which I put schools on my CAF doesn't affect my chances of getting them? In other words, if I put BGS first, followed by C&S, if I don't get BGS my chances of getting C&S aren't jeopardised because it's placed second?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:51 am
Posts: 8788
That is correct


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1068
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
Absolutely. Good to have a ‘banker’ that you are pretty certain of getting but you don’t ‘have’ to put a non-grammar if scores and catchments are pretty certain. So many people told me ‘you must put your catchment comp down’ but it wasn’t relevant to our scenario and may or may not be relevant to your scenario.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:26 pm
Posts: 16
Can I piggyback on to this to ask if a passport counts as proof of dob? God knows where the birth certificate is...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 5306
Location: Reading
Catjellycat wrote:
Can I piggyback on to this to ask if a passport counts as proof of dob? God knows where the birth certificate is...


I would think so, but best check with the school/LA (which ever is asking for it).
However it doesn’t take long to get another BC, so as long as it doesn’t need to be before the CAF deadline that is an option.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1068
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:30 am
Posts: 779
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.


Bromley still only accept this PWF. Complete waste of time and money!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1068
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
bondgirl wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:
Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.


Bromley still only accept this PWF. Complete waste of time and money!


Sigh! Thanks for confirming bondgirl, not for my sake but that of others on this forum. I might raise it with my MP.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:00 pm
Posts: 2
Hi, I notice that bromley applicants need to provide statements of child benefit . I am a bexley applicant but would be putting down newstead wood as my first choice, does anyone know if I need to provide any additional info other that what bexley borough requested.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CAF query
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Posts: 1068
Location: Petts Wood, Bromley, Kent
My understanding is that you only need what your admissions authority require, in your case Bexley, plus any SIFs. In the case of NW the SIF forms part of the test application process so I don’t believe you have more to submit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018