St Olave's mock tests not available

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
silversixpence

St Olave's mock tests not available

Post by silversixpence »

I have been checking the St Olave's website for information about the mock tests but apart from one date where the tests are fully booked, the rest of the dates are unavailable. Are we too late or will they be made available later in the year?
Daogroupie

Re: St Olave's mock tests not available

Post by Daogroupie »

The dates for next year will be available next year.

The mock season is May, June, July. DG
TiaF

Post by TiaF »

Hi all,

The St Olave's mock tests are open for registration now. See http://www.saintolaves.net/pamocktests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to register.

I'm a St Olave's parent (and a teacher elsewhere), and I helped invigilate at the tests last year. The mock tests are run by the St Olave's PA in close partnership with the school, to ensure that they are as close to the real thing as possible, not only in the content of the Stage 1 SET paper but in every aspect of organisation, instruction-giving etc., so the children - boys and girls - get a very close idea of what the real thing would be like.

The exams are marked professionally, and parents get detailed feedback in each subject area plus percentile rankings within the cohort, so you should get a firm idea as to how your child may perform against his / her peers in the real thing.

The PA also offer free places to those children who qualify for Free School Meals.

I hope that was helpful.
bluesea

Post by bluesea »

TiaF. Do the St O's PTA make it clear to prospective parents that if they book more than one session their child will be given the same test paper? I remember a poster last year complaining they had paid for two of the sessions and their child was given the same paper.
TiaF

Post by TiaF »

Hi Bluesea

Thanks for that - I'll pass your comment back to the PA and make sure that this information is conveyed to parents who book.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now