Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:19 pm 

Does any one know whether it is at all possible to get into Wilmington on appeal if you are outside of the catchment area . I.e the outer area that offers have been allocated to.
We are aprox 7 miles from Wilmington ... So no way possible we could be offered a place . But on appeal could it become a possibility or would we be wasting our time ?
.... Have put Wilmington down on our CAF ....
Regards,
Novice mum

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm 

Looking at past posts I see you are looking for your DS. Did your son get a really high score as if so he may qualify that way? Distance is no object for the high scorers. We rarely hear on this forum what that score is as it is such a small number of eligible students.

If you look on Peter’s Kent Advice site (hope that is ok to mention moderators, I do like to note my sources where possible) then he does explain in an article from 2014, a year after the admissions changes at the school, that a lot of appeals were heard but not many did succeed, there was a great chance of success for those who scored higher as there was a category for a small number of high scorers regardless of location in the admissions criteria. You could ask the admissions people at the school how many appeals were heard and how many were successful if you don’t find it elsewhere. Pop over to the appeals section where they have some great advice about how to appeal for a school.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 pm 

Thanks for response pettswood Fiona. Yip you are right it's for my son. He missed Bexley by 1 point ,as regards Kent not a very high score he got 347 so not in that 10% that would get a place regardless. So very much a clutching at straws senario. It's been made more desperate by the shadow over Bullerswood for boys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:21 pm 

Make sure you go on the waiting list if you don't get a place. There be people accepting offers for private schools and other schools

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 pm 

Just seen that Bullers Boys has been approved for the temporary site if that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm 

Fingerscrossedmum wrote:
Just seen that Bullers Boys has been approved for the temporary site if that helps.

That's great news!