Moving?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mj8784

Moving?

Post by mj8784 »

Hi - I'm new to this and looking for some advice please.

My DS passed the Bexley test but we weren't offered any of the grammar schools. Beths was our first choice and we're 6 miles away. We're about 5 miles from C&S and we put that 2nd.

If we move now (we're renting so can move quickly), will we move higher up the waiting list? We were thinking of moving to Eltham anyway to make the school commute easier for DS but life got in the way and we haven't got round to it yet.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
ToadMum

Re: Moving?

Post by ToadMum »

mj8784 wrote:Hi - I'm new to this and looking for some advice please.

My DS passed the Bexley test but we weren't offered any of the grammar schools. Beths was our first choice and we're 6 miles away. We're about 5 miles from C&S and we put that 2nd.

If we move now (we're renting so can move quickly), will we move higher up the waiting list? We were thinking of moving to Eltham anyway to make the school commute easier for DS but life got in the way and we haven't got round to it yet.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks.
Admissions authorities have to maintain waiting lists in oversubscription criteria order. So if a verified change of address moves you up the criteria, or up within the same criterion, then yes, your DS would move up the list.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mj8784

Re: Moving?

Post by mj8784 »

Great - thank you for replying!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now